Darkthrone

Miu?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uh,neke lose recenzije se pojavljuju za Too old,Too cold...Jel slusao neko vec,koliko znam,procureo je na Net.

I am sure that this is not going to be one of my personal most listened albums. Compared to this shit, Plaguewielder was the greatest masterpiece recorded ever, what should we say about Transylvanian Hunger, Under A Funeral Moon and the others...?

I really don't know, what the fuck were Fenriz & Nocturno thinking at when recording this?

"Yeah, we're old."

"Yeah, we're cold."

"Alright. St. Black Anger, there you go!"

No black metal to be found here. Absolutely none, null, zero. Too Old, Too Cold starts with a pretty fast Hellhammer reminding awful punkish speedy blasting and slows down the crap in the second part, with Nocturno screaming that fucking line:"Too old! Too cold!". The riffs have a pure punkish tone, Sex Pistols of black metal, or The Dwarves of black metal, take it as you want. High On Cold War was the best on this, with some screaming nice solos and a good old rocking riff. Fenriz starts with a heavy metal beat, then turns the beat to a part like the more punkish stuff on A Blaze In The Northern Sky. I liked also the vocals in general, raspy and very agressive for an old quasi-kvlt-gone-ass band. Love In A Void and da Graveyard Slut were the same crap, punky anthems, meaning a cover of a bullshit band with shitty clean vocals (Rammstein with dynamite in their asses) and a primitive pointless noisy track with the title in the refrain (Graveyard Sluutt!). The percussion was the weakest of the weakest, none of Fenriz' blastbeats that I loved so much were present here. Fuck it.

I give this 10 percent for the vocal performance (except Dick In A Void), and 1 percent for Graveyard Slut. You know, I am Romanian and in my country jokes with graveyard bitches are very tasty and popular.

First of all, this is NOT black metal! Darkthrone has done the exact same thing as Satyricon. They went from cold, evil and atmosperic black metal too some shitty rock'n roll with raw production and vocals that doesn't fit the music att all.

The first track, Too old, Too Cold, is just a bunch of boring punk rock riffs with some crap lyrics. The vocals is the only thing that is good, even thou they don't really fit the music. Fenriz drumming is pretty slow for exchange, but not so good at all.

High on cold war is pretty good with some catchy riffs and cool solos, but the lyrics is just stupid! They have mixed english and norwegian together. For example:

"The art of burning bridges

Hooked on greed

Hensynslost observerende

Den langvarige indoktrinering"

The vocals is great on this track with Grutle from Enslaved singing the two first verses and Nocturno Culto sings the two last. This track is the fastest, but it slows down towards the end. The drumming is pretty good and not so repetive like on the rest of the songs.

The third track "love in a Void" is the worst ever ever recorded by Darkthrone! It's a cover by Siouxsie and the Banshees so you can not blame Darkthrone for wrighting such shit. The vocals fucking sucks!!! Is that really Nocturno Culto?! He sounds like a 17 year old, bad punk rock singer!

The last track on this very first single from Darkthrone is Graveyard Slut. The riffs is boring and repetive and the lyrics is very "un-evil". The vocals is pretty good, but nothing special and absolutely not the best Nocturno Culto done. The drumming on this track is just as repetive like on the other songs.

This record is not worth buying. It's the worst Darkthrone made so far. It's very sad because this is not even good to be Black/rock'n roll or what you call it and if you like this kind of music, buy Satyricons Volcano instead. Darkthrone should create kick ass black metal as they have done so many years. I'm one of them who's not going to buy The Cult is Alive when it hit the stores.

Mislim da nikad brze nisam skinuo neki album sa neta. icon_smile.gif

Cim sam procitao ovu recenziju sto je grave poslao, skinuo sam EP i vec ga preslusao. icon_smile.gif

Moram reci da je ovo stvarno iznenadjenje, nekome prijatno nekome ne. U svakom slucaju onaj rumun sto je pisao recenziju, malo je previse ocrnio ovaj EP, zbog toga slabo i verujem u rencenzije i retko ih citam.

U poredjenju sa ranijim radovima ovo stvarno jeste drugacije. Ovo je pravi Punkthrone album haha. Zvuk je manje vise isti, nema zakucavanja na bubnju, koji je manje vise ok odsviran, nista posebno jeli, ali zvuci lepo i do jaja je uklopljen. Nocturno mnogo dublje peva, pa cak izvlaci i neke duboke cleanove u Love In a Void pesmi. Grveyard Slut je po meni najslabija na ovom izdanju, dok je Too Old Too Cold najbolja, i moracu da pronadjem text, ima jedan deo gde otpeva "You call your metal black, but it's just njanjanja" to nja nja nja ne razumem sta kaze.

U svakom slucaju neocekivano izdanje od Darkthrone, mozda ne toliko Black koliko se ocekivalo, ali i dalje Old School, i vrlo slusljivo.

Nicija nije gorela do zore,kako je to moja baba govorila.

Moja jeste pre neku noc, jebem ti svecu, mogao sam da se zapalim. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Edited by Frankenchrist

haha,fuckin'HORNS UP,Franjo!!! icon_rockdevil.gif

Vidim je da si tu,ali se ne oglasavas.

Eve ti 2 lyricsa.

High On Cold War

Everything is bigger than you think

...and you are smaller

Vrakrester

På de store moralske dyp

The art of burning bridges

Hooked on greed

Hensynslost observerende

Den langvarige indoktrinering

The negative way of evil

The failure of humanism

Paving your way to misery

I laugh as you run astray

The art of burning bridges

Hooked on greed

Hensynslost observerende

Den langvarige indoktrinering

Love In A Void (Siouxsie and the Banshees cover

Too many fools blocking my motion

Clouding my eyes...must be the potion

Spots on my eyes...must be the lotion

Love in a void...it's so numb

Avoid in love...it's so dumb

Love in a void

Too many bigots for my liking

Too many critics...too few writing

Rabid dogs that just ain't biting

Love in a void

Jaded reputation on which you're staking

Lots of money for the making

For all the stars they're just faking

Love in a void

Sta si radio sa svecom,koji kurac? icon_smile.gif

Nicija sem Franjine nije gorela do zore,pa ni Darkthrone-ova. icon_smile.gif

Edited by grave

Znaci da ne poveruje covek koji bend si oni obradili. icon_smile.gif Ali da se ne lazemo na EP-u ta stvar je mozda i najbolja, kad se preslusa par puta.

Aj ako neko nadje text za Too Old Too Cold obavezno neka ga postuje ovde.

THEY'RE TOO OLD, THEY'RE TOO FUCKIN' COLD!!!

p.s. Ma uvece mesto lampe zalozim svecu da gori, pa zaboravim da je ugasim. I imam fensi svecnjak sa deda mrazovima. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

A chekaj, ko je onaj majmun shto je ovako napljuvao EP?On ce da mi kazhe shta je BM a shta nije???!!!!Ne meni, nego bilo kome!Ne volim te isfrustrirane kritichare, ako mu se ne svidi, neka opet malo objektivnije napishe recenziju!Meni se jako dopada, ne kazhem:jeste drugachiji, totalno je retro, vishe lichi na motorhed nego na BMali to je josh uvek Darkthrone!Tu je taj isti filing kao na prethodnim albumima.... DAJEM GLAVU:da je ovaj album izashao 1987. sada bi vazhio za remek-delo!

Samo mogu da kazhem da jedva chekam "THe cult is alive"