Iguman

Grobodan

I am no art critic, but I can definitely appreciate some great looking pieces when I see them. The very first time I saw the drawings by Milovan, I knew there is something unique here. So I reached out to Milovan, who with great dedication keeps producing tons of logos, covers and designs that you will most likely see more and more on your favorite underground releases and zines.

CM: Tell us your name, where you’re from and what you do.

Bestialized vomits from Doclea! I’m Milovan Novakovic first of all underground metal fetishist and maniac, and second editor of Zapisnik fanzine and one of those who help to bands/label/zines/ with drawing of logos and artworks. I’m from Montenegro one weird country on Balkan (ex Yugoslavian country) and because of the fact that I live in such maniacal and hellish region I always have some satanic infernal ideas for artworks and logos. Just one more thing to attach is one more fact - I only draw for bands into real black/death/thrash cult and the ones only into the old satanic cult of metal!!!

CM: I understand that along with creating some metal-related artwork, you also paint outside of the metal realm? Tell me a little bit about that, how long have you been creating art?

Yes of course. I’m still on academy and all my days are full of painting, drawing and even chiseling of course listening of satanic metal music comes there very very often. That way will surely continue to my death. I’m painting and drawing for years, enough to create some nice pieces of it. The metal oriented artworks and logos for metal bands I started to create firstly for my own satisfaction and lately comes drawing for bands, labels and zines. Now because of my zine activities in Underground I have many contacts and many bands/personals into the underworld cult ask me to drawing for them.

CM: Initially finding your artwork on the NWN forum, I saw that you are very fast and free about creating logos and artwork for anyone who makes requests, how long does it usually take you to create the pieces?

Yes I’m very, very fast. Mostly I create metal pieces of blasphemy in free time, between the (short or long) pauses through my painting processes or when I’m listening some great old school albums from black/death/thrash genres. I draw the logos very, very fast, I don’t need more than a half of an hour for it and artworks use some more time because they need more dedication and more satanic ideas! Also as you said I’m doing the stuff for free. I will not say total free because I always search for band/label/zines to send me few copies of releases that include stuff I draw. But they still get review in my zine also..he,he..

CM: When did you get into metal and metal art?

Metal art comes with metal music very early, and years ago. I think that when metal drawings are in point on whole scene Chris Moyen make the biggest influence. He draws for cult acts like Incantation is, and the cover of Incantations Ep Deliverance of Horrific Prophesies might be my fave one ever and because of that I start to draw devilish and hellish works. Covers of old metal albums and especially demos (even flyers) make a big influence on my blasphemic works, but as with my own feel of course because all artist have it. It maybe strange I haven’t started to listen metal with heavy or speed, I start to listen with bootleg tapes from Poland that were here in Montenegro for sale and that my old brother have buy 15-20 years ago. These were bands like (only first album) Slayer and some, Cancer, very early Deicide and Benediction, Incantation which is still one of my favorite bands ever…and whole bunch of hellbastards… lately I got tapes of first two Bathory albums. Return is still in my opinion best black metal album ever…

CM: With your creations have a very unique and “primitive”, as you describe it, style - is there a certain time period or art movements that you feel influenced by?

I call it primitive becouse they really are in my opinion. Why primitive? Because usually they don’t have some classic artistic shits like perspective, natural illumination, and stuff. I really don’t know, I’m infomed in art history in details and cannot say which genre I like mostly or which one influneces my works. But some my underground brothers have said that I have influneces from surrealism and even from cubism. When you look better you will really seen such details in my works.

CM: Have you had any exhibits? If yes, where and how did those go?

I haven’t had exibits with my satanic metal artworks. I will probably go to prison or be prosecuted by Serbian Orthodox Church if I make exibit of such stuff…he,he.. Maybe strange for people who read this but Montenegro is very primitive region and you cannot do everything you want, unfortunately.

CM: What equipment do you use?

I use everything that I found in my studio, from one rotten pen to the acrylic or water-colours. For metal artworks both logos and artworks I mostly use ink or pencil that left black trail.. And of course I use in big quantity my rotten brain full of insane ideas..he,he

CM: Any current artists that you admire?

Total support to old maniac Chris Moyen of course and only one more artist that I absolutely support and respect is Daniel aka SelfDesecrator from amazing Chilean band Slaughtbbath! He is one of best satanic artists in Underground and he can with its dedication kill many of todays artists into metal! Hail to brothers! Probably there also some more mainiax into artistic shit but I don’t know them.

CM: Do you take any requests for artwork or logos from bands, labels and distros?

Yes of course. All bands, labels, zines, distos, can ask me for artworks/logos/flyer occult designs. Only satanic and old school black/death and thrash bands and only serious requests. I don’t have time to spend on shit eaters and wimps. (Editors Note: ways to contact Milovan are at end of the interview)

CM: Do you sell any of your art?

I’m seling my paintings but not blapshemic metal artworks but I thik that they arent interesting for maniax that read this.

CM: What’s your personal taste in music, and what are some of your current favorite bands/genres?

I have always been into cult of black death and thrash old school metal and mostly I’m into the underground bands! I’m into bands like early Beherit and Sarcofago, Von, Necro Shizma, Abhorer, Blasphemy, early Mystifier, Unholier, Death Yell , Gospel of the Horns, Grand Belials Key, and tons of other shits becouse I have large collection (thanx to tape-trade cult) of many Underground old school demos/albums. All of them I like becouse I never collect stuff I don’t listen to. From current, young and new bands…theres a lot of them but in last time am listening Nocturnal Graves, Proclamation, Malas, Heptameron etc..etc..many of them…

hahahha jbt te jovanove bendove kada sam prosli put gledao bilo ih je samo 3,sada ih ima 6-7 :) ajde da on to radi sa nekim,al' to su sve one-man bendovi gde on sve snima i radi,nekontam uopste poentu svih tih silnih bendova :) mogu oni biti ludji,ali vidi se da je njima iguman uzor,igumana nikada nece prejebati mogu im samo biti senke :) :)

naravno da je to jovanu iguman uzor, vidis li sta mu je u potpisu

Uzalud vam posti,krsti kaludjeri

Rogatoga predlažem ti odaberi

Uzalud vam boga Hrista sveštenici

Začuće se vaši krici zloumnici

:rockdevil:

OMFG, lik ladno citira ono što sam ja srao na stranici o Crnoj Gori na Uncyclopediji :) :) :)

Tako i nastaju legende. :) Eh, da su Norvezani tokom '90-tih imali uncyclopediu, kakve bismo tek mitove danas slusali... :) :) :)

naravno da je to jovanu iguman uzor, vidis li sta mu je u potpisu

ali:

1 - Intro

2 - Nazaretski Lazov

3 - Sin Kurve Lazljive

4 - Ovce na putu za klanje

5 - Nebeski Debil

6 - Winter (Goat ritual)

7 - Prolivena Krv Hristova

8 - Alah Hrist

9 - Outro

NewBitmapImage-2.jpg

pao sam na dupe ahahahahahahah

Edited by april ethereal

3 - Sin Kurve Lazljive

5 - Nebeski Debil

Ау, ови Бањалучани су зајебали све живо ... култ над култовима на овоземаљском, надземном Хаду.

1-1.jpg

Све је то младалачко зезање. Кроз блек хумор и иронију испољити своје контра ставове и мишљења према околини и религији.

ali:

1 - Intro

2 - Nazaretski Lazov

3 - Sin Kurve Lazljive

4 - Ovce na putu za klanje

5 - Nebeski Debil

6 - Winter (Goat ritual)

7 - Prolivena Krv Hristova

8 - Alah Hrist

9 - Outro

NewBitmapImage-2.jpg

pao sam na dupe ahahahahahahah

axaxxxaxa

axxaxaxa

axxaaxax

axxaxaxa

xaaxaxaxa

xaxaxxa

xaaxxaxa

xaaxaxxa

axxaaxxa

axxaxaxaxa

xaxaaxax

axaxxaax

axaxxa

axaxaxxa

axxaaxx

xaaxax

jbt umalo da se upisam u gace

axaxaxx

axaxaxa

axaxxaax

Ovo je prava stvar, totalno iskrena fotografija, pogledaj samo ranac na leđima.

Već vidim scenario - ekskurzija po manastirima Republike Srpske, brižna majka je sinu spremila sendviče i voće u ranac ne sluteći da je on podanik Kopitarev. Grupa je šetala po dvorištu, kad se razvratnik odvojio na kratko sa istomišljenikom pod izgovorom da hoće pobliže da pogledaju manastirske zidine. Par grančica za potpalu koje su ispae nekom monahu, malo mašte i eto - kult omot!

Ovo je prava stvar, totalno iskrena fotografija, pogledaj samo ranac na leđima.

Već vidim scenario - ekskurzija po manastirima Republike Srpske, brižna majka je sinu spremila sendviče i voće u ranac ne sluteći da je on podanik Kopitarev. Grupa je šetala po dvorištu, kad se razvratnik odvojio na kratko sa istomišljenikom pod izgovorom da hoće pobliže da pogledaju manastirske zidine. Par grančica za potpalu koje su ispae nekom monahu, malo mašte i eto - kult omot!

:rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil:

Ko to beše, sećam se da je to neki kult sa foruma, jel Perunko?

Neeee, to je Jovan, ovaj gore mladic (Satan) :meshuggah:

Prepun projekata, dobih masu toga za recenziranje, ne zajebavaju se oni, snimaju svakodnevno. Sad, o materijalu ne bih puno pricao, ali evo ga i tracklist sa Jovanovog projekta Prorok:

Prorok - In the Name of Satan (a u cije drugo ;))

01. Intro

02. In the name of Satan

03. Devoted Satan

04. Never Christ

05. Satan

06. Black Unholy Day

07. Whispering Breeze (Ildjarn cover)

No thanks-list!

No band contact!

Music and ritual by Jovan

Ponosni sam vlasnik primerka kasete broj 007 :meshuggah: