O.S.I.

Radnaskela

Toliko bendova a nigde nisam video nijednu temu o ovom bendu. Ovo je bend po meni koje vredan mnogo pažnje i koji obećava puno. O.S.I. ili Office of Strategic Influence je side project koji su započeli Kevin Moore i Jim Matheos koji je po meni spoj Chroma Key i Fates Warning (poslednja tri albuma). Imaju dva albuma:

O.S.I (2003) i Free (2006). Na oba albuma je bubnjeve svirao legenda Mike Portnoy. Bas je na prvom svirao legendarni Sean Malone (Cynic, Gordian Knot) a na drugom je svirao Joey Vera (Fates Warning, ex - Armored Saint). Na prvom albumu je u jednoj pesmi gostovao Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree). A na novom albumu će svirati famozni Gavin Harrison takođe iz Porcupine-a, gostovaće na jednoj pesmi Mikael Akerfeldt iz Opetha i bas će svirati Jim Ma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_(band)

http://www.osiband.com/

www.myspace.com/osiband

Ajmo ljudi, da vidimo šta imate da kažete na ovaj bend. Veliki poz

evo sad prvi put čujem :)

interesantno zvuči jeste da je malo više electronica nego što ja volim ali za divno čudo ne smeta mi. čak je i zarazno (free)

odličan im je sajt. volim takve sajtove

sajtovi bendova danas svi liče jedan na drugi... ovaj je pravo osveženje.

Verovatno zato što je počeo da pravi njesra muziku od kako se izlečio od alkoholizma... :twisted:

Odlične vesti za novi OSI album, baš me interesuje kako će sada da zvuče. A stvarno bi mogao i novi Chorma Key. Moore se nešto ulenjio poslednjih godina. Ili nema inspiraciju?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gavin_Harrison

Ma novi osi ce da bude ludilo....Portnoy je stvarno propao u zadnje vreme a pravi je potez sto su ubacili gavina u bend...izvanredan bubnjar (moj oiljeni sto se da primetiti jel) :D

• 3 weeks later...

OSI (OFFICE OF STRATEGIC INFLUENCE), the project featuring FATES WARNING guitarist Jim Matheos and ex-DREAM THEATER keyboardist Kevin Moore, will release its third album, "Blood", on April 27 in Europe and May 19 in the U.S. via InsideOut Music.

With "Blood", OSI has succeeded in creating a fascinating album at the crossroads between rock and progressive metal — music that alternates between atmospherically dense and aggressively demanding elements, while effortlessly transcending barriers between different styles and genres. Following its impressive predecessors, "Office Of Strategic Influence" (2003) and "Free" (2006), "Blood" once again unites two exceptional composers who share their penchant for the unusual and are on the same artistic wavelength. "We have different musical tastes but an unspoken musical understanding," Moore enthuses.

The creative process which produced "Blood" lasted more than a year. In their now familiar long-distance collaboration, Matheos sent his ideas via e-mail to Moore, who honed them to his own taste before mailing the results back to Matheos. At the end of the day, some pieces were sent back and forth countless times, while others, such as the pulsating metal track "Be The Hero", required very little exchange. "When Jim sent me his tracks, I had a vocal idea right away," Moore says of the song. "I think it all came together in a couple of days. I love when Jim sends really heavy ideas, and he doesn't mind me chopping them up. It was fun to play around with the times signatures by editing, and adding a lot of Minimoog effects and unison lines."

Along with Moore and Matheos, "Blood" features PORCUPINE TREE drummer Gavin Harrison. There's also a guest appearance by Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH) on "Stockholm", which the Swedish musician composed together with the two OSI masterminds. "I think it was Kevin's idea to have a guest vocalist. He asked me if I had any suggestions and I immediately thought of Mikael," Matheos explains. "It was Mikael's choice. We gave him several songs to pick from. Mikael wrote the lyrics and melody and recorded his parts at home in Sweden."

Moore and Matheos took care of the album's production themselves, while the mix was done with Grammy winner Phil Magnotti.

"Blood" track listing:

01. The Escape Artist

02. Terminal

03. False Start

04. We Come Undone

05. Radiologue

06. Be The Hero

07. Microburst Alert

08. Stockholm

09. Blood

3340314419_20ebbab569_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
New OSI Album "Blood" Release Dates (and samples!)

Category: Music

Release Date - April 27th Europe / May 19th North America

Special Guests - Gavin Harrison - drums / Mikael Åkerfeldt - vocals/lyrics on Stockholm

Tracklist:

• The Escape Artist

• Terminal

• False Start

• We Come Undone

• Radiologue

• Be The Hero

• Microburst Alert

• Stockholm

• Blood

Special Edition 2nd CD tracklist:

• No Celebrations vocals/lyrics by Tim Bowness