Nile

ZWER

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=128742

Guitarist/vocalist Karl Sanders of Southern Carolina-based extreme technical death metallers NILE is pissed that the band's new album, "Those Whom the Gods Detest", has been leaked. As was the case with CONVERGE's "Axe to Fall" album, the NILE leak has been traced back to a journalist.

"Amongst your brethren, there is a betrayer," Sanders tells AOL's Noisecreep. "In fact, Nuclear Blast [NILE's record label] knows exactly who it was. It was the same guy who leaked the HYPOCRISY record. So, yeah, it was a journalist, a music journalist that leaked the record. Now, come on man ... don't we all have the struggle in this day and age, trying to eke out a living, playing music or writing about music?

"So, the idea that one of our own ... one our own brethren is the guy that stuck a knife in our heart ... I have trouble believing it, man. A couple days after I found that out, I had a little trouble doing interviews, because, in the back of my mind, it was like, 'Is this the guy? Should I be killing this guy instead of talking nice to him?' It took a while to put it all into perspective."

He continued, "I believe [the label] is planning legal action, and I think that's what's going to have to happen. You can't penalize someone for downloading it. You don't hate on the fans because of it. I think it's going to take recourse on the responsible people ... if we're not going to police our own, and hold our comrades and colleagues up to high moral standards, then what can we expect? It's up to us to not only try and behave ethically, but to call out others when they engage in unethical behavior."

Holy fuck.

Edited by Gojko

Mislim da su tu pre par dana Converge ispali daleko veci carevi, nisu potegli nikakvu tuzbu protiv lika koji im je leakovo album nego su napisali ime i prezime tog lika i napisali Shame on you! XD Inache josh uvek nemogu da verujem bash tolko da se bendovi iscimaju kada im leakuje album, kao tipa tog dana kada su to saznali bilo im tesko da rade intervjue.

Inache taj Converge je tako iznenadjenje onako najsladje moguce, kada nista neocekujesh od benda a on ti podari odlichan album.

Edited by Lunar

Još je bio i ponajbolji u Beogradu, trebalo je da ga vidiš posle svirke u Pragu kad mu je prso Windows na laptopu pa je morao da svira sa pedalama bez onih ludačkih boja...

Lol, ne mogu to ni da zamislim.

A al se iscimao za leak, ko da su mu sestru silovali. Btw, jedan ortak misli da se yumetalu od celog neta uvek prvo pojave svi moguci albumi... Pitam se da li je to koincidencija ili nesto vise :haha:

Još je bio i ponajbolji u Beogradu, trebalo je da ga vidiš posle svirke u Pragu kad mu je prso Windows na laptopu pa je morao da svira sa pedalama bez onih ludačkih boja...

zanimljivo, mislim te boje...Mozes li to da poblize opises - sta koristi od softvera? Amplitube, grig,...i tome slicno?

I contribute to the webzine that this case is centred around and even though I am posting too late for most to see this, I thought on the off chance that someone may read this that I would post something.

I am not gonna give the name of the website because of the condemnation it would automatically being. Under usual circumstances it would be justified...not in this case though. Well, at least not to the guy that Karl is thinking about.

The guy running the site has been doing it a long time, first in printed format and then web based. He has also put thousands of dollars into this venture over the years and does not make any money from it....no one does really, but it is a real labour of love for him.

So why leak the album? Well, it's like this - he gets a LOT of stuff from all over and obviously cannot take care of everything himself so he delegates to contributors. He has a lot of those.

So, there was one contributor who got both the Nile and Hypocrisy albums. It was the contributor who is responsible for the leak...or rather, he somehow gave access to it through some group he is in that do just that...share emails (with attached zip files) of certain stuff that they then upload.

The guy who is being pursued by Nuclear Blast (the files were watermarked with his name) refuses to download at all and has an extensive CD and vinyl collection.

Of course, it might seem as if I am saying this just to defend him but it is actually true.

Certain bands or albums he will buy on CD and vinyl, he's a real collector. Ironic that it is him who is under the microscope now.

Anyway, he has pleaded the case to Nuclear Blast, they are very pissed off...understandably so...and he has probably lost his relationship with them but latest, as far as I understand, is that if the contributor will not give the name of the guy who did the actual upload then his name (the contributor) will be given to Blast.

Hahaha, ovo je potpuno ludilo, na kraju će ladno neko odavde najebati.

There is no God but God

There is no God but God

There is no God but the one true God

There is no God but the hidden God

Preksinoc se u domu omladine pustao death metal,doneo sam novi nile i ortak mi je dao miksetu da pustim,dolazi neki emo klinac i pita dal imam bullet for my valentine :haha:

rekoh mu da ovo nije emo vece i pustio Kafir :rockdevil: