Burzum

sevast

• 4 weeks later...

2010_belus.jpg

Official press release

It's been 11 long years and now the world will see the return of Burzum. The highly anticipated new album is entitled Belus after the name of the ancient European solar deity of light and innocence. Belusis not a religious album or an anti-religious album, nor is it apolitical one, but an attempt to explore the myths about Belus andunveil the oldest roots of our cultural heritage. The album deals withthe death of Belus, his sombre journey through the realm of death andhis magnificent return. In essence the album and the story of Belus ismeant to be an entertaining story about something that once upon a timeplayed a major role in the forming and shaping of Europe.

Varg Vikernes explains: "The album has been made according to my heartand spirit, and not to fit into any particular genre or category, or tolive up to anyone's obvious expectations". The music can best becompared to the music of some of the old Burzum albums; in particularthe ground breaking Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and the atmospheric brilliances of Filosofem, only the ambient parts present on these albums has been almost completely left out on Belus."There is no special reason for this, other than coincidence and thefact that I have for some time made more and better music on the guitarrather than on the keyboard".

"Inspiration for the album has come from a variety of sources, and Ifind my inspiration from fairy tales and myths, from classical music,from memories of what once was, from traditional music, from fantasy,from the wind and weather, from deep forests and running water, fromthe sky and the sunset, from misty mountains and from yellow leavesfalling from age old trees".

"My ambition with Belus is to create something I - andhopefully others too - can listen to for years and years to comewithout ever growing tired of it, and at the same time to share with myaudience the experience of getting to know Belus, as he might have beenperceived by the ancient Europeans". The combination of lyrics andmusic makes this a fairy tale different from most others, and shouldappeal to all those who like transcendental music and love to seedifferent things from a different perspective. "If I can make you dreamwhen listening to this album, I believe I have done a good job".

"I am aware of the black metal association with the name Burzum, and Ihave no real and serious problem with that, but I personally see noreason to place Belus in any category. I think Belusmusically transcends all existing categories, but if I have to chooseone - and for the sake of simplicity - I will simply place it in themetal category".

Belus will be released worldwide on Byelobog Productions on the 8th March 2010.

Belus [cover art] tracklist:

01. Lukans Renkespill

02. Belus' Død

03. Glemselens Elv

04. Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning

05. Besøk Til Kelio

06. Alvenes Dans

07. Alvegavene

08. Sverddans

09. Keliohesten

10. Morgenrøde

11. Belus' Tilbakekomst

Burzum дискографију сам имао цео један дан пре 5-6-7 година и кликнуо сам "delete" пре него што сам и почео да купујем дискове, тако да...ко их(га) јебе. :rockdevil:

• Upvote 1