Atheist

Aleara

i oni su ispali jajare

ako je toliko bilo bitno da kazu svetu da je Roger bio glavni sto se tice tih bas deonica, sto nisu rekli pre 15 godina?

mnogo jadno sto su u fazonu "necemo da se svadjamo" pa ga blate pola sata.

• 2 weeks later...

sa atheist foruma:

Wow, seriously folks... I'm not sure how this was taken so far out of context.

Actually, I am. I know exactly how this got taken so far. It's PR 101. The statement needed to be more simple, devoid of emotion, and to the point. It was a poor attempt and it was too long. However, there is a LOT of truth in that original press statement and there is a WHOLE LOT that people took the wrong way. Period. It's really quite simple.

The whole point of the statement was that Atheist became what Atheist eventually became a very, very long time before Tony Choy played in the band....it's fact, it is most certainly not opinion...It's VERY very simple. Tony knows this and will agree without hesitation. Tony called me and said that he didn't want to continue doing this sort of music....In fact, he said it on multiple occasions previously....simple....the problem was, when he said it the last time and decided to pull the plug it was 4 weeks before we went to studio. THAT CLEARLY SUCKED!! We were pissed. If you’re in a band, can imagine? We then tried to explain that his absence has, in no way, any significant impact on the sound, writing, musicianship, that made Atheist whatever it is to this day and/or the new record - Jupiter. The truth is (and nobody will or can argue the simple point) from day 1 it was Kelly and me who were primarily responsible for writing, arranging, and so forth...just as it is today - with Baker and J.T. in 2010 contributing significantly.

The Unquestionable Presence lineup (the guys that wrote the music) did not include Tony. It’s simple. Tony stepped in and played on the album. He played what was already written. TONY HIMSELF would NOT disagree with that. We will release a joint letter soon so everybody gets it. That's it! That's all we tried to say.... QUITE poorly obviously!!! Again, our apologies.

The "legend" of Atheist and who was part of the original lineup has become quite distorted over the past 20 years. Again, read the first press release. While we're friends, we love Tony, we may still tour together (if Tony wants to still do this sort of music) and on and on... he was not part of what made the sound that is to this day recognized as Atheist. Tony (not a judgment in any way) simply played what was already written on Unquestionable Presence. Now, he was a contributor on Elements to be sure. Kelly will tell you he was a significant contributor. But, scattered individual opinions aside, that album is NOT considered by most people as a quintessential "Atheist" record....where P.O.T., U.P. are.... Does that make sense to everybody? I wasn’t part of Elements. Tony was. Tony wasn’t a part of U.P. or P.O.T. I was. Does that make sense? The foundational lineup did not include Tony, and it was that foundational lineup that is responsible for whatever you think of Atheist in 2010.

Tony and I talked about this subject last week at length. No harm...no foul....It's simple. The press release was poorly done. Again, while it communicated much truth, it was written with and taken with the wrong tone, and that we did NOT intend. We simply wanted the truth to be out there.

Though, I will say that in many folk's defense, I can see how it was interpreted as it was. We’re not professional PR folks. We’re just trying to exist, work, and play cause we love the music!

All's well. Tony's well, we're well. I'm sure Tony's new endeavors will be great..... we'll probably be touring together (did everybody miss that on the last release), we're still friends, I'm going to Miami to visit in a couple weeks to hang out with him .....so, again, apologies for the drama. But, please, everybody..... Chill.

If anybody would like to discuss, we’ll be glad to have a conference call, video interview, whatever.

Again, it’s just music. There’s been a LOT of heated debate here. It’s all good.

Steve Flynn

Guest Куртон

But, scattered individual opinions aside, that album is NOT considered by most people as a quintessential "Atheist" record....where P.O.T., U.P. are....

Bullshit. Sva tri su esencijalna. Ne verujem da je neko slusao prva dva a da nije slusao Elements. To je album ispred svoga vremena i jedinstven je. Ne kazem da je savrsen, ali niko od ljubitelja zanra nece reci da je album bilo los, bilo nebitan.

Da je inferioran u odnosu na UP - jeste, ali samo zbog toga sto sto je bend na UP ispunio sve sto je zacrtao a na Elements (koji je dosta ambiciozniji je zbog toga imao i nekih nedostataka) - nije. A takav nedostatak je u velikoj meri anuliran cinjenicom da je album izasao u vremenu kad skoro niko tako nesto nije svirao i snimao.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Elements je zakon. i bas je super sto ima taj Elements vajb, jer nastavljaju tamo gde su stali, plus sad su imali bas dosta vremena i nisu zurili kao sa Elements, tako da izgleda da ce album bas super da ispadne, bar se nadam. i bolje je sto nisu pokusavali da zvuce kao na prva dva, jer bi me to podsecalo na onu Pestilence pricu i pokusaj da se zaradi na staroj slavi i nostalgiji fanova. ovako ce(bar mi tako izgleda) da dobijemo bas super album, onako kako bi Atheist trebalo da zvuci u 2010-oj, kao sto su Cynic uradili sa Traced in air, s' tim sto Atheist nisu napustili metal vode

EDIT: opet, pricamo napamet, jer se na osnovu ovih mrvica ipak nista ne zna, kako ce to sve da zvuci u globalu, ja lepo cekam album da izadje, pa cu onda kad ga pustim od pocetka do kraja da vidim valja li cemu, a nadam se da ce da valja, cini mi se da su zaista ulozili dosta truda u njega, bar tako pricaju, nadam se da ce im se isplatiti

Edited by Uruk Hai
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...