Isis

azal

Po meni, mogli su se raspasti posle in the absence of truth albuma. Mislim da je to jedan od naj albuma ikad, vrhunac karijere, potpuno savrsen kao celina, i ne mogu da verujem da ima toliko ljudi koji ga ignorisu. Wavering Radiant nikada nisam mogao da preslusam do kraja.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Meet Palms, a newly formed Los Angeles based quartet featuring three former members of ISIS (Aaron Harris, Clifford Meyer and Jeff Caxide) with Deftones' vocalist Chino Moreno.

"Clifford, Jeff and I started Palms a little over a year ago out of a desire to continue making music together after ISIS ended," explained Harris. "Chino joined shortly after and our sound took shape from there. We've worked really hard on this first release and are excited for people to hear it. It's nice to be back behind the drum kit, and with this line up."

"Being a huge ISIS fan I've always dug the moods these dudes convey with their sound," added Moreno. "I am excited to combine my sense of creativity with theirs, and to have fun doing so."

Palms' debut album will be issued by ISIS' former label, Ipecac Recordings, and is slated for a 2012 release with a release date to be announced soon. The album was recorded and mixed by Harris, and produced by Palms.

Palms is Jeff Caxide (bass/keyboards), Aaron Harris (drums), Clifford Meyer (guitar/keyboards) and Chino Moreno (vocals).

Ovo će biti jebanje. A to što Čino upada kao pevač ne znači da nema imati udela u komponovanju, što je još bolje. Siguran sam da neće zvučati kao jedan od njegovih bendova, pokazao je da može sasvim drugačije stvari da radi. Baš jedva čekam da čujem.

• 3 months later...

ISIS will release "Temporal", a retrospective collection of unreleased rarities, remixes and videos, on November 6 via and Ipecac Recordings.

"Temporal" spans the groundbreaking band's entire discography with inclusions from "Mosquito Control" to the band's final full-length album, "Wavering Radiant".

"It was fun and also very nostalgic collecting material for this release," commented Aaron Harris. "I hear our catalogue differently now that I'm not living with these songs day to day. This is a special collection of outtakes, demos, unreleased tracks and videos; some of which I think we even forgot about."

More details including a complete track listing will be released soon.

• 4 weeks later...

"Temporal" track listing:

CD1

01. Threshold Of Transformation (demo) *

02. Ghost Key (alternate demo version) *

03. Wills Dissolve (alternate demo version) *

04. Carry (demo) *

05. False Light (demo) *

06. Grey Divide (demo) *

CD2

01. Streetcleaner (GODFLESH cover, recorded in 1999)

02. Hand Of Doom (BLACK SABBATH cover, originally released on the "Sawblade" CD, 1999)

03. Not In Rivers, But In Drops (MELVINS/LUSTMORD remix; originally released on "Holy Tears", 2007)

04. Holy Tears (Thomas Dimuzio remix; originally released on "Nirbid", 2008)

05. Temporal (Recorded in 2009) *

06. Way Through Woven Branches (Originally released on MELVINS/ISIS split LP, 2010)

07. Pliable Foe (Originally released on MELVINS/ISIS split LP, 2010)

08. 20 Minutes/40 Years (Acoustic version) *

DVD (official music videos)

01. In Fiction

02. Holy Tears

03. Not In Rivers, But In Drops

04. 20 Minutes/40 Years

05. Pliable Foe *

* Previously unreleased

isistemporal.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...