Trouble

Angelystor

Jedan od najjacih doom metal bendova, ever! Prva 4 albuma su classic doom metal fazonu, od produkcije preko vokala, do riffova koji se doduse u odredjenim pesmama mogu okarakterisati kao thrash, posebno u ranijim albumima. Wagner je covek sa stvarno unikatnim vokalom, posebno pri visim notama, doduse ne bih ga nazvao jednim od najboljih vokala, ali muziku Trabla ni ne mogu da zamislim sa nekim drugim glasom. Dakle uklapa se, as simple as that.

Pravi kvalitet Trouble, IMHO, su prva tri albuma, dakle Psalm 9, The Skull i Run To The Light. First class. Chetvrti album "Trouble" je slican prethodnim, ali meni mnogo manje zanimljivih od pomenutih, dok je sledeci, Manic Frustration, jedno "zalutalo" psihodelicno cedo, koje ima catchy pesama, ali je ipak jedan nepotreban Trouble experiment. Na Plastic Green Headu su se kol'ko-tol'ko vratili starim elementima, ali ne i po kvalitetu, pa se nadam da ce ovogodishnji "Simple Mind Condition", biti jos jedan odlican Trouble album, inace prvi album benda jos od '95e.

Meni omiljena pesma.."Tempter". Za najbolju ima toliko konkurencije, posebno na prvom albumu ima zestoke

konkurencije, pa Fear No Evil, Wickedness Of Man, Misery shows...to conclude, ko nije slushao ove kraljeve, a jos i voli ovaj zanr, sa moje strane topla preporuka. Hm..jedino sto moze odbiti, su malo dosadni 'riscanski tekstovi, ali ko ne cita, nece mu biti mana ;)

• 1 month later...

Novi album Simple Mind Condition teba da izađe negde juna valjda, a njegovog izlazak je pomeran do sada puno puta. Ne znam tačno zađto, mislim da postoje neki problemi sa izdavačem koji je možda bankrotirao. No nema veze može da se skine.

11 pesama, prva pesma je sa One For the Road dema iz 1994, a obradili su i Lucifer's Friend - Ride the Sky. Produkciju je radio Vince Vojno. Isprva mi se činila mnogo moderna za ovakav bend, ali je ok. A Trouble nastavljaju gde su stali posle Plastic Green Head-a. Ne očekujte apokaliptični doom/gloom sa početaka karijere. Zvuči negde između Manic Frustration i Plastic Green Head. Kratke pesme, vrlo catchy sa psihodličnim momentima. U suštini dobar album.

A da, sviraju u Budimpešti na "Flag of Doom Vol.4", 03.06,2007. sa Wall of Sleep, Stereochrist i još nekim bendovima.

• 1 month later...

Ne odushevljava me album, ali je slushljiv, ima kul pesama tipa "Goin' Home", "Pictures Of Life", naslovna...Otprilike nastavak PGHa, al s obzirom da ja i nisam neki fan kasnijih Trouble radova, tako cu i novi album verovatno manje slushati..Wagner super zvuchi.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Former TROUBLE frontman Eric Wagner has released the following statement regarding his departure from the group:

"It is with my deepest regret that by mutual agreement that TROUBLE and I have parted ways effective immediately.

"I love them very much and I wish them nothing but the best. At this moment in time I just can't handle touring anymore.

"All I want to do is write songs and work on my new project BLACK FINGER.

"I am sorry and I love you all."

As previously reported, Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL has joined legendary Illinois doomsters TROUBLE as the group's new frontman.

+++

Toliko o mojim nadama da cu moci da chujem stari materijal sa Erikom : (

Slushao li je neko ovog novog pevacha?

Evo nеšto više detalja:

Singer Eric Wagner has left Trouble; former Warrior Soul/Dirty Rig frontman Kory Clarke has been named as the replacement.

The Trouble website has the following posting from founder and guitarist Rick Wartell:

“It was a mutual agreement, you need to follow your heart in this business and if you are not into it a hundred percent then it is time to move on. We all felt it was the best thing for all parties involved. There are no hard feelings. I`m sure Eric will continue making music and we wish him the best.

“We are very excited to have Kory step in and take over the vocals for Trouble. He [has] been one of my favorite frontmen in this industry for many years. He will add a new demention [sic] that we can use. It is not like we just picked out some guy to fill in. This is one of rock`s most dynamic and creative frontmen in the industry.

“I know that when Trouble fans get a taste of what Kory does, they will not be disappointed at all. Anyone who has seen Kory with Warrior Soul already knows what to expect, and it`s awesome.”

Eric Wagner also posted on the Trouble website:

"It is with my deepest regret that by mutual agreement that Trouble and I have parted ways effective immediately.

"I love them very much and I wish them nothing but the best. At this moment in time I just can`t handle touring anymore.

"All I want to do is write songs and work on my new project, Black Finger.

"I am sorry and I love you all."

To catch an early glimpse of the new Trouble lineup, sign up for the Trouble live webcast, to be held on July 11, 2008 at www.deeprockdrive.com and see for yourself from the privacy of your own computer.

In addition to releasing a new full-length of new material, Simple Mind Condition, Trouble also released an acoustic EP. The band recently played the prestigious Roadburn Festival.

Pa, po ovom spotu ne zvuči uopšte kao Eric.

Gledao sam neke stare spotove Warrior Soul-a i sviđa mi se, mislim da nabavim možda neki od prva tri albuma.

• 8 months later...

TROUBLE is in the process of writing songs for a new album for a tentative summer 2009 release. Tours will follow both in Europe and the U.S.

Regarding the new music's direction, TROUBLE guitarist Rick Wartell told Rock N Roll Experience, "I know people have said this a million times and I know you've heard this a million times, but it's pretty fucking heavy, let's put it that way! The music end of it that Bruce [Franklin, guitar] and I are writing is getting heavier and heavier...it's getting heavier and then we want [new singer] Kory [Clarke; WARRIOR SOUL] to incorporate his style to what we are doing, that's basically all that we really want out of this."

I još vesti o Trouble-u ovde: http://heavy-planet.blogspot.com/2009/01/t...ing-fender.html

• 2 months later...

Vesti su malo bajate (tri nedelje) ali su dobre.

March 4, 2009

Trouble update

Songs are coming together for the new Trouble

CD tentatively titled “THE DARK RIFF”.

As you can tell by the title, IT”S HEAVY!

The band is resorting to the root of what

made Trouble in the first place and what

they are best at, DOOM!

This will no doubt be the heaviest Trouble

release since the mid eighties when they

crushed the masses with what is now known

as ”Psalm 9” and “The Skull”.

Trouble: “We can write whatever we want

with no pressure from anybody or anything.

Therefor, we choose to write heavy”.

The time is coming, brace yourself!

• 3 months later...

Bend je bio malo aktivniji sa izdanjima u poslednje vreme. pa evo koga interesuje:

Live In LA

Unplugged

Imao sam neki trip da je Erik bio problem u izvodjenju starih pesama, tj. da on nece, ali i sa novim pevacem je isto. Nista sa prva tri albuma xD Actually, samo "Endtime", instrumental. Nemam nista (mnogo) protiv Manica i Plastica, ali ipak me je na Trouble navukao rani period.

Tako da, Live In LA je ok, Kori je dobar vokal, unique, drugaciji od Erika, ali uopste mi ne zvuci kao da ne pripada zvuku... A zanimljiviji za slusanje mi je "Unplugged", kul izdanje.

PS. Doom metal legends CANDLEMASS and TROUBLE will join forces for a short Swedish tour in September.

:[

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

TROUBLE is currently putting the finishing touches on its ninth album for a tentative February 2012 release. The as-yet-untitled CD is being helmed by Bill Metoyer, who has produced albums from SLAYER, D.R.I., SACRED REICH and CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, among others, and has worked with TROUBLE in the past. Also involved in the recording process is TROUBLE's longtime engineer Larry Burns, who is entrusted with capturing the band's signature sound not only behind the studio console helm but at the group's live shows.

TROUBLE's forthcoming effort will consist of a minimum of 10 songs that not only showcase the band's legendary heavy guitar riffs that have gained the group a legion of loyal fans but a new creative edge.

"The band is really excited about this record," stated TROUBLE guitarist/co-founder Rick Wartell. "We wanted to make the consummate TROUBLE studio album that also incorporates all of the innovative elements that having new talent offers us."

One of those new key elements is the addition of the new singer Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL) as this will be his first studio album with TROUBLE. Wartell continued, "Kory is an incredibly talented and dynamic singer. He's a great addition to the band as he brings a high level of professionalism, which has positively affected the creative process. Working in a no-limitation environment is great."

TROUBLE is utilizing the limitless technical advantages that exist today, conducting most of its songwriting collaboration virtually as Clarke currently resides in Berlin, Germany (where he recently opened a bar). "Bruce [Franklin] and I record our guitars separately and then would send those tracks to Kory who would in return, send us his vocals," said Wartell. "As we share a collective vision for the album, this hasn’t hampered our progress in any way." Also adding their talents to the band's vision for the album are bassist Shane Pasqualla and drummer Mark Lira, both of whom are making their recording debut with TROUBLE.

The recording of the new TROUBLE album is taking place at the band's own studio, Warburn.

"One of the luxuries of recording in your studio is that you're not under any time constraints," said Wartell. "We can work on our own schedule which allows us to focus on the creative process."

• 3 months later...

After four years and a minimal amount of touring and no record deal or album release date in sight, singer Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL fame) has decided to leave Chicago doom metal legends TROUBLE to start a new project with guitarist Russ Strahan (PENTAGRAM, LAND OF DOOM) called THE BONES OF CHILDREN.

"This metal album will be high energy, with a fresh artistic approach to the genre without the limitations of the over-50-something religious crowd," Kory laughs. "It will be so nice to be working without the shackles that a previous singer has left behind of a band that is over 30 years old and acts and sounds like it. I like to do progressive, pushing-the-boundary lyrics in an individualistic style. I don't want to sound like Ozzy, like [TROUBLE's] old singer [Eric Wagner] tried to do. I am also glad when I look to my left on stage from now on I will not be seeing 'Derek Smalls' in my peripheral vision. [Laughs]." He adds, "I just cannot play with people who are fundamentalist Christians, or too family-oriented to the point that they can't tour, do records or knock down a few margaritas with me at the bar. This is rock 'n' roll, guys, not the Family Channel."

THE BONES OF CHILDREN will make its debut release available sometime this fall.

Pa da nastavimo tradiciju i na narednoj :haha:

Chicago doom-metal legends TROUBLE announced earlier today that they have recruited Kyle Thomas as their new singer following the departure of their frontman of the past four years, Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL fame).

Edited by Angelystor

• 1 year later...

Moj utisak o albumu totalno suprotan haha :) Album mi se sa svakim novim slusanjem sve vise dopada. Na stranu to sto odudara od ranijeg opusa, sto je novi pjevac i sto doom-a ima prakticno samo u tragovima, dok je ovo ponajvise neki stoner heavy trip, ali pjesme me dobro rade i pogadjaju u zicu samo tako, i kao cjelina mnogo mi se svidja album.

Prije 15ak dana sam trazio ovu temu, ali mi je search nije izbacio.

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...