2007.11.17. *SKC, Beograd* Helloween & Gamma Ray

Elderane

Andi Deris, singer of the power metal band HELLOWEEN, was interviewed yesterday (Wednesday, September 19) by the Italian news blog Musica Metal. Among the many topics discussed was how HELLOWEEN came up with the idea of joining forces with the other leading German power metal band GAMMA RAY (featuring former HELLOWEEN frontman Kai Hansen) for the Hellish Rock world tour, which will kick off in November in Hungary. The vocalist said that it was the Wacken Open Air festival promoter who put the idea in the back of their heads five years ago, and now the time is right for the bands to embark on the fans' dream tour. Deris also ruled out the possibility of Kai Hansen rejoining his former bandmates as a member of HELLOWEEN.

HELLOWEEN's twelfth studio album, entitled "Gambling with the Devil", consists of eleven songs (plus an intro, spoken by SAXON's Biff Byford) with a total playing time of 57 minutes and 40 seconds. For their many faithful fans, there will also be a limited first edition (40,000 units in a digipak with an embossed and stamped slipcase to be released in Europe, and 10,000 units in a jewel case in the U.S.) with a bonus CD featuring two extra tracks, the video for the first single "As Long As I Fall", and a "making-of" of the video, including interview sequences. As a special highlight, the first edition includes a scratch ticket with an exciting puzzle, as described in detail on the HELLOWEEN homepage. The solution to the puzzle allows you to register at Helloween.org and take part in a draw with a sensational first prize: The lucky winner will receive a trip for two to a HELLOWEEN show in America — including flight, accommodation at the band hotel, backstage tickets, and, of course, a personal meeting with the band! There are also signed Gibson/Epiphone guitars and great fan packs to be won.

HELLOWEEN is currently on a promotional tour to launch their new album and will soon start preparations for their extensive world tour, which will take them through the whole of Europe, Southeast Asia and the U.S. from November 2007.

A few days ago, the impressive video clip for the song "As Long As I Fall" was shot at Munich's AVA studios (who previously worked with the group on the "Light the Universe" clip).

The audio version of "As Long As I Fall" (including the cover) will be available for download beginning on September 28, 2007.

HELLOWEEN — Andi Deris (vocals), Michael Weikath (guitar), Sascha Gerstner (guitar), Markus Großkopf (bass) and Dani Löble (drums) — will release "Gambling with the Devil" on October 23, 2007 (USA), October 26, 2007 (Germany) and October 29, 2007 (rest of Europe).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Postovao sam vec na GammaRay temi, pa evo i ovde

Hi Everybody,

finally the long awaited news which I received directly from Kai and which will also be posted as an official news statement in the news section as soon as I have his approval:

Due to the acquisition of the Sanctuary Group by the Universal Group Gamma Ray have ended their contract with Sanctuary and signed a new contract with SPV Records in Hannover, Germany.

The new album “Land Of The Free Part II” will be released on November 16 2007 by SPV. The CD is completely recorded and actually Tommy Hansen works on the final mix in his Area 51 studio. Last week the band made a photoshooting at the Zeppelinfeld in Nuremberg and also finished the work on the album cover.

The long awaited “Hell Yeah!”-DVD is postponed for a release in 2008. But as a result of this delay of the actually finished product it now will be extended with footage of the upcoming Hellish Rock Tour which starts in November with Helloween.

You can expect a personal statement from Kai about the actual situation and activities within the next days and also we will reveal the cover and the tracklist of “Land Of The Free Part II” soon.

Stay tuned …

This is what Kai told me on the phone and I have sent him this text and pleased him to give his approval for an official release in the news or directly write down an own personal statement.

But as he's actually very busy with the actual situation and still has to clearify much things with SPV I'm not sure when he finds the time to do it.

Concerning the Tracklist and Cover we will only release it on our website as soon as we have the official information from the band or the label. We don't copy any stuff from magazines to our site or don't comment any rumours which can be found on the internet. The only source of information for our website is the band itself or the label.

Znaci taman stize za nas koncert, mal'te ne to ce biti prvi dan pustanja albuma u prodaju. :rockdevil: Nadam se da ce organizovati i neko potpisivanje istih, a mozda budemo imali srece pa se neke sekvence sa naseg koncerta nadju na tom DVD-u kako je Kai najavio.

S'obzirom da taj iscekivani DVD treba ponovo da se producira verovatno ce iskoristiti prve koncerte sa ove turneje za njega, ima li sanse da nas koncert bude jedan od tih koji ce upasti na DVD.

Lose si cuo :) Cesto bude takvih prica... Ovdje ce cak biti ogradjen fan pit, za razliku od Tool-a, gdje je postojalo samo ranije ulazenje u salu. Zato, ima jos fan pit karata, narucujte, nije zajebancija da je ostalo jos malo.

Uf,'de da nabavim pare za to (za kratko vreme - dok se ne rasproda taj fan-pit)? :confused:

Ma, ovo malo plakata sto je ostalo kod nas mozete uzeti u Beogradu, dok ih ima. Ili da uhvatite covjeka koji ih lijepi, sta znam...

Nego, fan pit karata jos ima. Ali, ne previse :)

A gde tačno u BG možemo uzeti plakate?