Zanimljivosti

Face Of Melinda

Researchers at Boston Children’s Hospital announced last year that they’ve successfully completed tests of an injectable form of oxygen that they hope will be able to keep a human being alive for up to 30 minutes without breathing.

Led by Dr. John Kheir of Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, the team of scientists were able to pack oxygen into micro-particles that are suspended in a kind of injectable foam; the micro-particles are small enough to mix harmlessly with human blood, thereby allowing them to deliver oxygen to the bloodstream without fear of embolism.

“Eventually injectable oxygen could be stored in syringes on every code cart in a hospital, ambulance or transport helicopter to help stabilize patients who are having difficulty breathing,” Dr. Kheir explained.

1098213_546256825429767_1847223197_n.jpg

Guest HEFEST

04-new-shark-species-12--594x446.jpg

A new species of demon catshark—only one turned up during the survey. Fishers pulled it up from around 4,200 feet (1,300 meters). Photo courtesy Paul Clerkin.

01-new-shark-species-3--596x396.jpg

A false catshark, this relatively rare species turned up in spades during the survey. Shark biologist Paul Clerkin got 35 of the ten-foot (three-meter) sharks.

03-new-shark-species-14--596x396.jpg

Chimera

This is a member of the Chimera genus. Researchers think it could be a new species, but must await genetic confirmation.

• Upvote 1

Guest HEFEST

1_42-33052539-600x921.jpg

Satanic Leaf-Tailed Gecko

2_42-22326504-600x868.jpg

Anglerfish

The females attract prey Alfalfa-style, via a lure sticking out of their heads that contains bioluminescent bacteria.

The tiny males will latch onto the much larger females with their teeth and eventually fuse into her body until there’s little more to him than his reproductive organs, which she’ll eventually use to fertilize her eggs.You could say they really take this “two become one” thing literally—except that she can support up to six males at a time.

3_42-18134787-600x397.jpg

Thorny Devil - Moloch horridus

6_SciSource_E092771-600x401.jpg

Ogre-Faced Spider

• Upvote 1

Cela baljezgarija u cilju zaplasivanja citaoca da tako zaplasen kupi njihov proizvod od 2500-4000 din, koji se nigde u tekstu i ne pominje dok ne stignes do dna stranice.

I ti to stavis na temu "Zanimljivosti"

Al' sta i ocekivati od nekoga ko slusa Boston.

Edited by Demon Seed

Guest HEFEST

Pa zar nije zanimljivo? Procitao si ceo tekst, a ja ne. :mhihi:

Jok slusacu Kanda, Kožu i kurojšu.

Edited by HEFEST
  • Downvote 1

Guest HEFEST

Ali s obyirom da ja znam da on postoji onda se postavlja pitanje da li su bas svi religiozni ljudi manje inteligentni. Mekekeke!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ja znam da postoji, ali koju religiju da mu nadenem ne znam bas. U principu stoji da su religiozni ljudi uglavnom tupi kao kurac jer veruju bez trunke dokaza.

Zavisi sve kako si vaspitan i u kakvom okruzenju zivis,ja recimo svaki dan vidjam seljake koji angazuju ne znam kakve inteligentne skolarce da mu kazu kako sta da sadi,jednostavno kad tad svatis da nije sve do tebe i da ima nesto vece od tebe.Zivot je mnogo lepsi(ne laksi)kad to svatis i prepustis se, a za to svatanje je ipak potrebna velika doza inteligencije....