The Dillinger Escape Plan

azal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

MKband-620x412.jpg

Jeff Tuttle’s body must’ve been thanking him profusely when he quit The Dillinger Escape Plan in 2012; simply attending a DEP show is exhausting from an audience standpoint, but the kind of wear and tear Tuttle subjected himself to throughout five years of dedicated service must’ve felt like running a few hundred marathons through throngs of crowds at every turn wielding very sharp objects.

So it’s not surprising to learn that Tuttle’s latest musical adventure, Malo Konjche, isn’t quite as frenetic and adrenalized as DEP… but that’s not a bad thing. New track “Eudaimonia” still has plenty of pep to it: it’s kind of like a post-punkified Steely Dan, with raspy vocals reminiscent of The Bronx’s Matt Caughthran over vintage rock n’ roll riffs and a sweet Hammond B3 backdrop. The track comes from a four-song EP of the same name released earlier this month, and while I’d imagine a certain subset of DEP fans won’t care, this is exactly the kind of music I want to be listening to on this dreary, early winter morning. Stream the EP’s title track below, via Decibel.

Malo Konjche - Eudaimonia

• 3 months later...

Ben Weinman has been teasing both his new supergroup and his working with award-winning actress Juliette Lewis for a while now, and guess what, it appears it’s officially all the same thing

The PRP reports that during a call with Jose Mangin of Liquid Metal, the Dillinger Escape Plan guitarist revealed that Lewis will be handling lead vocals for Giraffe Tongue Orchestra, his new project featuring Brent Hinds of Mastodon, Pete Griffin of Dethklok, and Thomas Pidgen of the Mars Volta.

“Well actually, there have been some personnel changes throughout the years, it’s something we’ve been working on for a long time and interestingly enough we finished all the music and we’re finalizing all the vocals now, Juliette Lewis is singing on the project right now along with some other guest people.”

“…Me and her have become pretty close friends and she’s amazing, obviously I’m a huge fan of her work as an actress and many years ago I saw her band Juliette and the Licks play and like most people I was pretty skeptical. I’m like, “Oh another actress or actor that has a band, like vanity project blah, blah, blah.” So I went into the show and I basically saw somebody that gave 110%. By the end of the show she was drenched in sweat, she was throwing herself into the crowd, and when I thought about it I saw this person putting all her energy and spirit into this music, I thought this was almost more real that most bands because she doesn’t need this.

She doesn’t need to be playing in front of 500 people on this shitty ugly club, you know? She’s a successful actress–she did a 9-minute-long acting scene with Robert DeNiro for god sakes. And here she is by choice in a grungy club with a dirty toilet just putting everything into it, so when we were thinking about singers and people to collaborate, all of a sudden I was like “You know what? I think that could be cool.”

sploosh!

• 1 month later...

Meh.

Odavno su postali dosadni meni, sve predvidljvo i na istu fintu. Puciato me smorio u kurac.

Dve FNM/NIN pesme po albumu koje već počinju da im liče jedna na drugu, neki elektronski pasaž a ovo ostalu math-math dranje-dranje od dva minuta.

Od Ire Works nisu izbacili ništa uzbudljivo. Ovaj bend je mogao da nastavi samo da su išli dalje u menjanje, eksperimentisanje i inovacije.

Every Time I Die može da bude isti iz albuma u album a kod Dillingera ima nešto iritantno što je raslo iz albuma u album da sam ih batalio skroz a ložio sam se žešće circa Miss Machine/Ire Works.

Edited by Лука
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

:da:

Ako je Option Paralysis bio stagnacija, OOUITK (:D) je zaglupljivanje šablona. Uradili oprobano, išli više na gruv i to mu dođe to. Ima dobrih pesama, ali nema onog ukupnog efekta oduševljenja kada se završi album.

Edited by Lou

meni su bolje pesme na proslom nego na option paralysis.

jbg, nema oni sta tu mnogo da menjaju, jedino da pull an opeth ili tako nesto.

ali mislim da je muzika idalje visokog kvaliteta, iako nema tu nesto bog zna koliko novo da se cuje.

nije kao da se otaljava posao

jbg, nema oni sta tu mnogo da menjaju, jedino da pull an opeth ili tako nesto.

Znao sam da ćeš da potegneš ovaj argument. :D

Koliko su se promenili od prvog albuma do Ire Works, toliko ima mesta i za dalje menjanje, samo je pitanje da li oni to imaju u sebi.

Edited by Lou

jesu oni ovako upali u šablon, ali ja opet ne mogu da zamislim ljude koji na koncertima lome ruke i noge i izbijaju zube kako bataljuju to ludilo i idu u neki Radiohead, ili barem ne na duže staze, možda na jedan album tek

• 4 weeks later...