AnaLizator

Former CELTIC FROST and current TRIPTYKON frontman Tom Gabriel Fischer has posted the following message on his blog:

"The last week of May marked the release of 1349's new album, 'Revelations Of The Black Flame', during the gestation of which I was invited to play a contributing role. Love or hate this new album, contrary to information disseminated by a party currently still closely affiliated with 1349, my responsibility was not that of its producer. I was merely present, at times, in an advisory role. 1349 knew very well themselves what they wanted to do on this album, and they were very determined to attain their goals.

"The sole exception to my low key involvement is the cover version of PINK FLOYD's 'Set The Control For The Heart Of The Sun', where Ravn persuaded me, in his typical friendly/forceful manner, to play bass and guitar. This collaboration shall stand as yet another testimony of our friendship and, indeed, kinship.

"There are many reasons for the concept 'Revelations Of The Black Flame', some of which might truly be complex to understand for anyone outside of the group. It is not an easy album by any means, and certainly not a predictable one. Accordingly, it is quickly becoming a 'controversial' album, and it is bound to polarize opinions. But isn't that exactly what black metal should be all about? Or, in fact, what heavy metal itself was once about, when this form of music was originally created?

"Regardless of anybody's personal view of 1349's new album, it would be rather premature to typecast 1349 solely on the basis of their latest work. I know for a fact that the group's future releases will surprise their audiences yet again, and very powerfully so. And I am proud to be involved yet again, in a more prominent role, when that time comes.

"In the meantime, here in Zurich, I just submitted the final few photo captions to the layout of the HELLHAMMER book. All that is left to do now is to go through the final layout once again, in detail, before the book will be fully transferred to the publisher in New York. More details on that should follow soon."

Dakle, album je izgleda takav fail i medju kritikama da je Tom morao da "izadje" da ga brani.

Strasno.

It is not an easy album by any means, and certainly not a predictable one.

Accordingly, it is quickly becoming a 'controversial' album, and it is bound to polarize opinions. But isn't that exactly what black metal should be all about?

to bi otprilike bilo to sto bih ja rekla.

elem, malo detaljnije:

posle uvodnog vriska u Invocation, definitivno nisam ocekivala onakav nastavak pesme.. na -3.17 pocinje nesto sto bi (iole) licilo na njihov raniji rad, ali i dalje sa dosta suicidalnom atmosferom.

Serpentine Sibilance, kao i prethodna joj, nije losa, ali kao da nesto fali.

Horns, Misanthropy, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, Solitude.. nije nesto sto meni trenutno odgovara.

meni najbolja: Maggot Fetus... Teeth Like Thorns ,ima taj pank deo koji je skroz mosh.gif

necu reci da je album los.

eto, to je moje misljenje.

Regardless of anybody's personal view of 1349's new album, it would be rather premature to typecast 1349 solely on the basis of their latest work.

:da:

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.metal-sound.net/reviews.php?read=312

1349 are a band of little surprise. Or at least it’s been that way until now. After a totally raw, top quality Norwegian black metal displayed on 2003’s “Liberation”, their seminal album, “Beyond The Apocalypse”, followed in 2004. Hardworking as they were, 2005 saw the release of “Hellfire”, no less powerful than its predecessor. With such a good back catalogue, I was pretty much using every chance I got to hype this band, since I really believe that their sophomore album makes it into all-time top 10 black metal albums any day of the week, with the other ones following quite closely. The band started touring, touring, touring, and then, Tjalve, their guitarist, left. No room for any fuss was left, as everything happened amicably and on good terms. However, people knew that he was the riff-maker that made 1349 such a damn good band, and that would be enough to get any fan concerned. They were always describing themselves as the ones “keeping the spirit of the 2nd wave of black metal alive”, which was true. Until now.

It’s been four long years of waiting for this album, and I’m indescribably sorry to say that it pretty much failed everywhere. First of all, any expectations you might have of a 1349 album have to be dropped instantly. Even though it might not seem so at first glance, as the sinister screaming sounds of “Invocation” grow on you, following into “The Serpentine Sibilance”, this can’t really be considered a black metal album. Apart from the aforementioned “The Serpentine Sibilance”, which is a bit on the slow side, and the only typically great (not excellent) 1349 song on the album, “Maggot Fetus”, there is not a single by-the-book black metal track. The rest is a combination of dark ambient, instrumental and black metal elements, most of which are mediocre at best. Such elements are understandable on a black metal album, desirable even, but not when they take up 80% of the running time and not when they sound this drawn out and redundant. While I do understand the band’s need to progress stylistically and musically, I don’t really like when it sounds as forced as it does here, and I certainly don’t like the fact that it’s 1349 that’s changed. It really seems as if someone was thinking “Why don’t we become a black metal version of Sunn O))) on the next album?” I am just a fan and have no right to dispute the band’s wish to change in any way, but it’s also up to me to decide whether the end result is good – and it is not. Bluntly put, except for the few interesting sections here and there, this album is boring. Even the Pink Floyd cover, “Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun” is boring. Technically, the album is perfect, the production is in place, everything seems thought-out and put together carefully, but it doesn’t have the prime feature of any 1349 album – it doesn’t hit. What’s been tried out here is outright treading on soil dominated by bands with far more field experience. If I hadn’t known this album was made by this band, I might’ve even liked it, but this way, all you’ll be doing for the full length of this 45-minute album after the 15-minute mark will be waiting for the interlude to pass and the next aggressive, madly angry track to begin. Which never comes.

That sums it up. Ocena 5. Gazda okačio recenziju konačno :)

• 1 month later...

Stigao mi intevju sa Pantheon I, ovaj odgovor je kult :) :) :) pitanje o njihovom novom:

I think this album kicks the crap out of our previous ones, but I’m not embarrassed about them either. Its like sex. Keeps getting better as you grow older. Until you hit a certain point and it goes limp of course. Like with 1349’s new album.

Najveca misterije black metala. Da jedan tako mocan bend izbaci onakvo sranje(uh, sad ce neko da me kritikuje :bigblue: ) od albuma poslije jednog Hellfire. Ne znam o cemu su razmisljali.. definitivno kandidat za najgore BM izdanje ever.

Ok, za neka izdanja se opušteno može reći da su sranje. :)

Ali kako genijalan odgovor. :) Kad ćemo videti taj intervju? xD

Najveca misterije black metala. Da jedan tako mocan bend izbaci onakvo sranje(uh, sad ce neko da me kritikuje :bigblue: ) od albuma poslije jednog Hellfire. Ne znam o cemu su razmisljali.. definitivno kandidat za najgore BM izdanje ever.

Ma nije misterija, svako moze da usere.

Pustis vodu, i pravis se da nisi israo godzilu. A oni su to jos nabacili na CD i nazvali ga ultimativnim albumom koji je crossover bm-a, dark ambienta i davida lincha. To je razlika. A jebem ti zivot, citav dan se prica o nekim govnima, guzicama, wc soljama, ubadanju zelja, najjebozovnijim muskarcima(ko da zene vise ne postoje)...

Pustis vodu, i pravis se da nisi israo godzilu. A oni su to jos nabacili na CD i nazvali ga ultimativnim albumom koji je crossover bm-a, dark ambienta i davida lincha. To je razlika. A jebem ti zivot, citav dan se prica o nekim govnima, guzicama, wc soljama, ubadanju zelja, najjebozovnijim muskarcima(ko da zene vise ne postoje)...

Pazi mozda je u njihovoj glavi to i trebao da bude najbolji album. Mozda da su to radili neki drugi ljudi, mozda bi ta njihova ideja josh i bila dobra. Najveci problem je to sto oni nemaju puno progresivnog muzickog iskustva,a hteli su da naprave nesto napredno za zanr. I samim tim napravili su jednu dosadnu abominaciju, koja ko zna kako je trebala da zvuchi u njihovim glavama. Npr. imamo Neguru Bunget koja je jelte crossover izmedju bma, dark ambientala, folka, progressiva pa ponovo prave fenomenalne albume.

Neiskustvo je zajebalo ovaj album.

Neiskustvo u tim progresivnim vodama, da! Ali clanovi 1349 su uglavnom vrlo iskusni muzicari, i morali su skapirati da im je album golo govno. Ko da ih vidim kako sjede u mrklom mraku sa bocom dzek denijelsa dok se naprezu da uhvate to ultimativno zlo koje su prizvali na albumu. Bolje da su na brzinu snimili 7-8 metalskih stvari i ubacili ih mjesto da se ovako blamiraju.

Neiskustvo u tim progresivnim vodama, da! Ali clanovi 1349 su uglavnom vrlo iskusni muzicari, i morali su skapirati da im je album golo govno. Ko da ih vidim kako sjede u mrklom mraku sa bocom dzek denijelsa dok se naprezu da uhvate to ultimativno zlo koje su prizvali na albumu. Bolje da su na brzinu snimili 7-8 metalskih stvari i ubacili ih mjesto da se ovako blamiraju.

Ma naravno, moj zakljucak je da nisu progresivn vode za njih. :D

Brate kakve veze ima iskustvo sa muzikom? Najbolji albumi su nastajali u djecijem periodu, prva 4 Burzuma su nastala kada je Varg imao 17 godina, rani Darkthrone, Mayhem, Bathory itd.

Ovako da objasnim, npr. imam ja neki metal bend i snimio sam sa njim 3 metal albuma, i sada se meni cefne da napravim folk album, a pritom nisam nesto slusao folk puno, nemam neke uzore, nikad vezbao za takvu svirku.... i verovatno taj folk bi bio jedno neinspirativno dosadno sranje. Shvatas sta ocu da kazem sa iskustvom, svi ti ljudi koji si nabrojao su slusali BM(ajde ovde sam se zeznuo, ali ajde da kazem slusali Bathory i Venom) pre nego sto su zapravo napravili te prvence, i vezbali za takav stil svirke. Neverujem da 1349 slusa neke prog bendove, sve verujem da im je neko pustio Sunn O))) i da su rekli u ovo ide u sledeci album i aj josh malo da se zezamo ko Celtic Frost na Into the Pandemoniumu.

Edited by Lunar

Brate kakve veze ima iskustvo sa muzikom? Najbolji albumi su nastajali u djecijem periodu, prva 4 Burzuma su nastala kada je Varg imao 17 godina, rani Darkthrone, Mayhem, Bathory itd.

To su 3 rifa i udri, ja pricam o progresivnoj i eksperimentalnoj muzici za koju treba imati nekog iskustva(predznanja).

• 5 months later...

Prosthetic Records will release the brand new album from Norwegian black metal legends 1349 in North America via an agreement with Indie Recordings.The new CD, which promises "a return to the band's more traditional,raw-yet-technical black metal sound, is due on April 13. In support ofthe yet-to-be-titled record, 1349 will embark on a North American tour in April and May as the support act for CANNIBAL CORPSE (alongside SKELETONWITCH and LECHEROUS NOCTURNE). (Note, 1349 will not appear on the last week of the tour.)

Vou, bas brzo bi da se dizu iz pepela...