David Bowie

Millosh_024

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kada već sanjamo hajdemo ovako:

vokali - uh, mrtva trka, zaista ne mogu da vidim nijednog pevača sa scene da upotpuni gospodinove čizme, cipele ili štogod. Ostaje samo Zoja Borovčanin (Lira Vega)

gitara - Nebojša Anđelković (Mravi) ili Vladimir Krakov (Presing) ili Janko Mostarlić (KKN)

bas - Branislav Radojković (Naked, Fish In Oil) ili Vladislav Rac (ex-KKN) ili Miki Ristić (Darkwood Dubić)

bubanj - Dejan Utvar (ako za njega treba da navodim bendove, onda stvarno) ili Radeta Vulić (Popečitelji)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

13690799_10153576956522665_674220038047472292_n.jpg?oh=a0432aada3772b0d996a353ee3bb878a&oe=58270416

SAY HELLO TO THE GOUSTER

“Can I be real?”

The follow up to Parlophone’s award-winning box set, David Bowie - Five Years (1969 – 1973), will be David Bowie - Who Can I Be Now? (1974 – 1976). (More of which, next week)

Exclusive to the set is The Gouster, which is previously unreleased as a complete album. Featured on the sleeve for this box set version, is a previously unpublished picture from the original photo session for the album.

Here’s how The Gouster’s tracklisiting looked before it morphed into Young Americans.

Side 1

1. John, I’m Only Dancing (Again)

2. Somebody Up There Likes Me

3. It’s Gonna Be Me

Side 2

1. Who Can I Be Now?

2. Can You Hear Me

3. Young Americans

4. Right

As we say, watch out for full details and the release date of David Bowie - Who Can I Be Now? (1974 – 1976) next week.

We’ll leave you with an excerpt from Tony Visconti's excellent notes on the album, taken from the box set book.

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

“Gouster was a word unfamiliar to me but David knew it as a type of dress code worn by African American teens in the ‘60’s, in Chicago. But in the context of the album its meaning was attitude, an attitude of pride and hipness. Of all the songs we cut we were enamored of the ones we chose for the album that portrayed this attitude.

David had a long infatuation with soul as did I. We were fans of the TV show Soul Train. We weren’t ‘young, gifted and black’ but we sure as hell wanted to make a killer soul album, which was quite insane, but pioneers like the Righteous Brothers were there before us.

So ‘The Gouster’ began with the outrageous brand new, funkafied version of David’s classic ‘John, I’m Only Dancing’, a single he wrote and recorded in 1972, only this time our version sounded like it was played live in a loft party in Harlem and he added (Again) to the title. It wasn’t the two and a half minute length of the original either.

We maxed out at virtually seven minutes! With the time limitations of vinyl (big volume drop with more than 18 minutes a side) we could only fit two other long songs on side one, ‘Somebody Up There Likes Me’ and ‘It’s Gonna Be Me’ both about six and a half minute songs. We had hit the twenty-minute mark. Technically that worked because ‘It’s Gonna Be Me’ had lots of quiet sections where the record groove could be safely made narrower and that would preserve the apparent loudness of side one.

Side two also hit the twenty-minute mark with ‘Can You Hear Me’ saving the day with its quiet passages. Forty minutes of glorious funk, that’s what it was and that’s how I thought it would be.”

Saxophonist Donny McCaslin and his band were prominently featured on David Bowie’s final album, Blackstar. Now, they’re releasing a new album called Beyond Now, which is both dedicated to and inspired by Bowie. It’s out October 14 via Motéma Music. The album’s personnel is comprised of three Blackstar instrumentalists—bassist Tim Lefebvre, drummer Mark Guiliana, and Jason Lindner—along with guitarist Nate Wood and producer David Binney. The album includes original compositions of McCaslin’s along with covers of Deadmau5, MUTEMATH, the Chainsmokers, and Bowie. One such Bowie cover, “A Small Plot of Land,” from his 1995 LPOutside, has been released as the first single. Listen to it below viaEntertainment Weekly. “David Bowie was a visionary artist whose generosity, creative spirit, and fearlessness will stay with me the rest of my days,” McCaslin said in a press release. “Beyond Now is dedicated to him and to all who loved him."
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Final Bowie recordings on Lazarus Cast Album - Michael C. Hall to perform at 2016 Mercury Prize

LAZARUS CAST ALBUM FEATURING FINAL DAVID BOWIE RECORDINGS

2CD / 3LP To Be Released October 21 On ISO / Columbia / RCA Records

MICHAEL C. HALL TO PERFORM AT THE MERCURY PRIZE SEPTEMBER 15

September 16 Pre-Order To Include Instant Downloads Of Cast Versions Of “Life On Mars?” and “Lazarus”

As the November 8 UK opening of Lazarus at London’s King Cross Theatre approaches, the cast and band of the original New York production will release their versions of the David Bowie songs from the show as the Lazarus Cast Album on October 21 on ISO / Columbia / RCA Records. The album will be available for pre-order September 16 with all orders receiving instant downloads of the cast versions of “Life On Mars?” (sung by Sophia Anne Caruso) and the title track (sung by Michael C. Hall).

Standing alongside the cast’s interpretations of classics from his canon are the three final David Bowie studio recordings. Co-produced by Bowie and Tony Visconti and recorded with Donny McCaslin and his quartet, the same band that played on Bowie’s ★ album, these last three songs — “No Plan,” “Killing A Little Time,” “When I Met You”— bring completely new dimensions to their cast counterparts. The original ★ version of “Lazarus” is also included on the cast album.

The ★ album has been shortlisted for the 2016 Mercury Prize and as part of the awards ceremony on September 15 Michael C. Hall will be performing the song “Lazarus” with Henry Hey and the Lazarus house band. The show will be broadcast live from the Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith on BBC 4 and BBC Radio 6 Music.

The Lazarus cast album was produced by the show’s musical director Henry Hey, who had previously worked with Bowie on “The Next Day” and features vocals from Hall, Caruso, Cristin Miloti, Michael Esper and other cast members backed by the seven-piece house band Hey assembled for the New York run. The album was recorded January 11, 2016. Upon arriving at the studio, the musicians and cast were shocked and saddened to learn that Bowie had passed away the evening before. Their emotional performances that day are captured on this recording.

The distinctive artwork for the Lazarus cast recording has been designed by Jonathan Barnbrook who also worked with Bowie on the ★, The Next Day, Heathen and Nothing Has Changed albums.

Written by Bowie and Enda Walsh, directed by Ivo Van Hove and produced by Robert Fox, Lazarus opened December 7, 2015 at the New York Theatre Workshop to great critical acclaim. The New York Times raved “Ice-cold bolts of ecstasy shoot like novas through the glamorous muddle and murk of Lazarus, the great-sounding, great-looking and mind-numbing new musical built around songs by David Bowie,” while Rolling Stone hailed it as a “Surrealistic Tour de Force… milk-swimming, lingerie-sniffing, gin-chugging theater at its finest.”

LAZARUS CAST ALBUM - Track Listings

CD:

CD 1:

1. Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart) – Ricky Nelson

2. Lazarus – Michael C. Hall & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

3. It's No Game – Michael C. Hall, Lynn Craig & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

4. This Is Not America – Sophia Anne Caruso & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

5. The Man Who Sold The World – Charlie Pollack

6. No Plan – Sophia Anne Caruso

7. Love Is Lost – Michael Esper & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

8. Changes – Cristin Milioti & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

9. Where Are We Now – Michael C. Hall & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

10. Absolute Beginners – Michael C. Hall, Cristin Milioti, Michael Esper, Sophia Anne Caruso, Krystina Alabado & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

11. Dirty Boys – Michael Esper

12. Killing A Little Time – Michael C. Hall

13. Life On Mars – Sophia Anne Caruso

14. All The Young Dudes – Nicholas Christopher, Lynn Craig, Michael Esper, Sophia Anne Caruso & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

15. Sound And Vision – David Bowie

16. Always Crashing in the Same Car – Cristin Militia

17. Valentine's Day – Michael Esper & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

18. When I Met You – Michael C. Hall & Krystina Alabama

19. Heroes – 4:43 – Michael C. Hall, Sophia Anne Caruso & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

CD 2:

1. Lazarus – David Bowie

2. No Plan – David Bowie

3. Killing A Little Time – David Bowie

4. When I Met You – David Bowie

VINYL:

LP 1 side A:

1. Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart) – Ricky Nelson

2. Lazarus – Michael C. Hall & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

3. It's No Game – Michael C. Hall, Lynn Craig & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

4. This Is Not America – Sophia Anne Caruso & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

5. The Man Who Sold the World – Charlie Pollack

LP 1 side B:

1. No Plan – Sophia Anne Caruso

2. Love Is Lost – Michael Esper & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

3. Changes – Cristin Milioti & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

4. Where Are We Now? – Michael C. Hall & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

LP 2 side C:

1. Absolute Beginners – Michael C. Hall, Cristin Milioti, Michael Esper, Sophia Anne Caruso, Krystina Alabado & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

2. Dirty Boys – Michael Esper

3. Killing a Little Time – Michael C. Hall

4. Life On Mars? – Sophia Anne Caruso

5. All the Young Dudes – Nicholas Christopher, Lynn Craig, Michael Esper, Sophia Anne Caruso & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

LP 2 side D:

1. Sound and Vision – David Bowie

2. Always Crashing in the Same Car – Cristin Militia

3. Valentine's Day – Michael Esper & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

4. When I Met You – Michael C. Hall & Krystina Alabama

5. Heroes – Michael C. Hall, Sophia Anne Caruso & Original New York Cast of Lazarus

LP 3 side E (one-sided):

1. Lazarus – David Bowie

2. No Plan – David Bowie

3. Killing a Little Time – David Bowie

4. When I Met You – David Bowie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vreme da se revidiraju liste...

Znaci sledeca finalna lista pored ovih sedam albuma imace i Blackstar tako da ce biti simbolicno 8 najalbuma u finalnoj listi.

Sta kazete? :bigblue:

Znaci 60te i 70te

1. Low

2. Station to Station

3. Ziggy

od 1980 do 2013

1. Outside

2. Earthling

3. Let's dance

4. The Next Day

*Blackstar*