In Flames

Realno meni licno za nijansu je bolji od ASOP albuma, koji je nakako suvise plain, u ovom novom ima saranja.

Ipak muzika je subjektivna stvar.

Ali sta je, tu je, IF live kida ,ko to jednom dozivi, hoce opet ma sta izdali,

SKC 09 najkoncet na kojem sa bio 3 dana sam imao jos adrenalin od svirki.

Pokušao sam opet da forsiram album i ne vredi... jbg desilo se i to, IF podbacio. Moja recenzija:

Finally we have one of the most anticipated albums of 2011 in front of us, the one that has put a lot of questions in our collective mind. Will In Flames be able to survive without founding member Jesper? Will they continue down the road of somewhat problematic previous album „A sense of purpose“? Why have they left Nuclear Blast, the label they were on for the bigger part of their whole career? So many questions but it all boils down to one: will In Flames sink or swim? Well, the guy who is writing this review who defended them in times of "sellout" accusations, in periods when they were called money hungry assholes, the guy who even loved emo "Alias" will tell you: unfortunately the overall verdict is „sink“. I worshiped every In Flames offering up to date and consider that each and every album of them has its special place and purpose so let’s analyze this a bit... Aside from era up to „Clayman“ which is rightfully considered as „all classics“ period all newer ones are on one very good place and had their precise role in time of release. „Reroute to remain“ pretty much revolutionized metal and sounds modern even up to date, „Soundtrack to your escape“ was a bit filthier take on its predecessor’s formula filled with hits, „Come clarity“ succesffully mixed old and new into one glorious whole and somewhat troubled „A sense of purpose“ is In flames’ most commercially oriented offering ever with its deliberate emo moments, it’s OK to have such an album in discography but one is enough... So the worst thing that they could have done is to continue down that path, which coupled witth loss of Jesper's guitar wizardry which painted the songs with killer harmonies, gave the "Sounds of the playground fading" which could be described as „Soundtrack to your escape“ without balls. Yes my friends, In Flames, the band that always was one step ahead of its competition, the band which was bursting with lucidity and knowing what to do and when to do it (which is more important) for the first time in career sounds dated and uninspired which is probably the worst thing that could be connected with the name of In Flames. I still cannot believe how they didn't feel that it is the right time to move on from the territory they are on for years now, they have done everything they could in modern metal field and they certainly cannot reach „the next big thing“ status so in times when even Metalcore bends are getting away from that tired genre In Flames sounds like Sonic Syndicate that can buy alcohol legally. Okay, nevermind the direction if the good music is delivered but that is most certainly not the case here as „Sounds Of A Playground Fading“ is filled with painful minuses. First off, if I am informed well Bjorn has written the lion’s share of music and I simply can feel the lack of chemistry that he and Jesper had. Okay, Bjorn was author before but the work of them together gave wonders but now the man is on his own and the majority of the songs are half baked IMHO, something is just missing. You will hear a lot of „chugga-chugga“ sections which just fill the space and do nothing, we all know that melodies are In Flames’ main weapon and they are sorely missing from the material as they would icing on the cake which would save everything. To be honest, albums starts off rather nice with the title track which is good old In Flames we all adore, after that comes the first single „Deliver us“ which is nice but nothing spectacular and then we head out to the territory of boredom, there are traces of In Flames' former selves but there are simply no songs that are completely good, just some good fragments intertwined with the boring parts. It feels to me when I listen to songs like „Fear Is The Weakness“ or „A New Dawn“ like I am listening to some band which is inspired by In Flames – everything is done by the book but the magic just isn’t there. Oh yeah, and those spoken word interludes "The Attic“ and „Jester's Door“... just forget it, guys. It doesn’t sound emotional or atmospheric, it sounds really awful. It leads me to one of the biggest flaws of the album and that is Anders Friden, whose vocals sound truly bad. The man sounds unispired as Hell and his delivery is in some undescibable place, like he wanted to scream but he was too lazy to do it so he ended up with something which sounds like he was forced with a gun into the studio. All in all, it pains me to say that my heroes have finally done what the detractors wished them to do for years now: they have lost the right path, pure and simple. „Sounds Of A Playground Fading“ will sell well due to pure inertion, I’m sure about that, but this is In Flames’ worst album without a doubt and I can just hope that they will snap out in the furure and that they get back to being leaders, not followers. Along with the new Morbid Angel (which is downright abomination), this is the biggest dissapointment in 2011 for me and the mark got this high because of the glorious past and the fact that I still love them, no matter what.

Evo na metal arhivama album dobio 80%, a Clayman 74%! Izgleda da ja nisam ipak pravi IF fan nego onaj zaostali sto voli death metal :(

Ko sve tamo piše recenzije nije ni čudo, plus što ovaj novi ima samo dve za sada.

Meni je poslednji dobar album soundtrack, clarity je ok, ima par dobrih pesama. A poslednja dva su takva kakva jesu.

• Upvote 1

Jos kad cujem pravdanje sranja evolucijom. Nije evolucija sve sto je trend. Mene je dusa zabolela kad je Sepultura pocela da zvuci kao Korn. Gde je sad taj Korn, Deftones, pa i Slipknot? Gde je sad i ta Sepultura? Da li su oni evoluirali ili se prosrali? Slicno moram reci i za In Flames. Oni su rodonacelnici jednog muzickog pravca a s godinama teze da zvuce kao trendi bendovi koji su losiji od njih.

Meni takva vrsta evolucije deluje kao da vam cale pod stare dane postane gej, zato sto je to moderno.

Jos kad cujem pravdanje sranja evolucijom. Nije evolucija sve sto je trend. Mene je dusa zabolela kad je Sepultura pocela da zvuci kao Korn. Gde je sad taj Korn, Deftones, pa i Slipknot? Gde je sad i ta Sepultura? Da li su oni evoluirali ili se prosrali? Slicno moram reci i za In Flames. Oni su rodonacelnici jednog muzickog pravca a s godinama teze da zvuce kao trendi bendovi koji su losiji od njih.

Meni takva vrsta evolucije deluje kao da vam cale pod stare dane postane gej, zato sto je to moderno.

Tesko nekom metal bendu kada postane popularan! Kao sto je u marketingu primer za sve Coca Cola tako se i ovde uvek vracamo matalici :) Black album je tek poslednjih 5 godina prihvacen kao sjajan album od strane die hard fanova, a nekada je to bilo najvece sranje :))

Ukusi su razliciti ali meni je drago sto se IF menjaju i stvarno je uzivanje slusati svaki njihov novi album. Ljudi ne shvataju koliko je teze truditi se i stalno raditi nesto novo. Ali ko voli nek izvoli, ima bendova koji se ne menjaju iz albuma u album. I dalje ne kapiram koji to bendovi zvuce kao In Flames, tj koga oni to kopiraju, a da uz to zvuce gore od njih?!? Daj boze da je to istina! Dajte mi imena tih bendova pa da odem na sedmo nebo!

Za kraj, ne znam zasto su gej? Pojasni molim te. Ako nisu vise zestoki kao kada su imali 17 mislim da ne treba da ti objasnjavam zasto je to tako, ali ne znam da li ih to cini gej ili si mislio na jos nesto?

Edited by mikki270
  • Upvote 1

Ne kopiraju oni nikoga, prave novu muziku koja se, valjda, njima sviđa i nažalost zvuče očajno. A to za trud oko stvaranja nove muzike, pa ako je za ovaj album uložen neki veliki trud onda to govori da su oni loši muzičari.

• Downvote 1

Evo na metal arhivama album dobio 80%, a Clayman 74%! Izgleda da ja nisam ipak pravi IF fan nego onaj zaostali sto voli death metal :(

E moj Soli, omatorili smo. :)

Ipak smo mi generacija koja je prezivela MIRC i kanal #heavy_metal

To su bili dani. :)

Edited by [Nocturno]

Ne kopiraju oni nikoga, prave novu muziku koja se, valjda, njima sviđa i nažalost zvuče očajno. A to za trud oko stvaranja nove muzike, pa ako je za ovaj album uložen neki veliki trud onda to govori da su oni loši muzičari.

Nisu ocajni. Cudno bi bilo da su ocajni, a toliku popularnost sticu. Ne razumem kako mislite da oni postaju toliko popularni, a da su losi? A to kakvi su muzicari govori broj obozavalaca i sjajni albumi iza njih.

Za kraj, ne znam zasto su gej? Pojasni molim te. Ako nisu vise zestoki kao kada su imali 17 mislim da ne treba da ti objasnjavam zasto je to tako, ali ne znam da li ih to cini gej ili si mislio na jos nesto?

Meni od njih više odgovaraju ovi gej albumi.

Ok, stariji su dobri i sve, ali kad mi je do nečeg tako ozbiljnijeg ipak opičim neki Opeth ili neki od milion prog metal/rok bendova koji jedu stari IF za užinu. Dok su ovi noviji, ultra-gej albumi dojajni za skakanje, ludiranje i to je to.

• Downvote 1

To i jeste bilo novo u tom trenutku, a to je mnogo teze nego ponavljati istu formulu!

Pored toga, limp bizkit su stali na tome i nestali, a IF ne samo da opstaju vec povecavaju popularnost. Do pre nekoliko godina je i Clayman bio sranje i cista prodaja, a danas veliki deo die hard fanova koji cene samo pocetke smatra to njihovim vrhuncem (osim onih zadrtih koji uvek za svaki bend cene samo prvi, eventualno drugi album)