Deftones | Crosses †††

DEFTONES bassist Chi Cheng died earlier today (Saturday, April 13) at the age of 42. The musician had been in a semi-comatose state for more than four years after being seriously injured in a car accident in November 2008. In addition to not recovering full consciousness, Cheng had been in and out of hospitals for various infections as his family has struggled with the mounting costs of care since he lost his health insurance a few months after the accident.

Cheng's mother has released the following statetement regarding his passing:

“Our dearest family,

"This is the hardest thing to write to you.

"Your love and heart and devotion to Chi was unconditional and amazing. I know that you will always remember him as a giant of a man on stage with a heart for every one of you.

"He was taken to the emegency room and at 3 a.m. today his heart just suddenly stopped. He left this world with me singing songs he liked in his ear.

"He fought the good fight.

"You stood by him sending love daily. He knew that he was very loved and never alone.

"I will write more later.

"I will be going through the Oneloveforchi.com [charity web site made in dedication of his memory] and any other information may not be reliable.

"If you have any stories or messages to share, please send them to the Onelove site.

"Please hold Mae and Ming and the siblings, and especially Chi's son, Gabriel, in your prayers.

"It is so hard to let go.

"With great love and much respect, Mom J (and Chi)."

šta reći

Iznenađujuće koliko ima naznaka Isis zvuka, a zapravo ne liči na njih. Nije ni opis sa sajta daleko od istine - "it fits squarely between the two camps, imagining either the most patient and expansive parts of Koi No Yokan or a more accessible cut from Wavering Radiant."

Speaking to Artisan News on the "black carpet" at the fifth annual Revolver Golden Gods awards on May 2 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California, Moreno was asked if "Eros" will ever come out. "It will," he said. "I think [the chances of that happening are] more so now probably than ever [before]." He added: "I actually went back and listened to some of it recently and… you know, I don't know when [we will put it out] or… but I feel it's a little more appropriate now for us to think about that [than it has been] in the last few years to think about."

• 4 weeks later...