Celtic Frost / Triptykon

Teodosije

June 26, 2006 - CELTIC FROST NEWS UPDATE

After Celtic Frost's highly regretted cancellation of the group's June 3, 2006, headliner appearance at the Rock Hard festival in Germany due to the emergency hospitalization of singer Tom Gabriel Fischer with an acute renal colic that same day, the band returned to form by playing a triumphant 90 minute headliner show on the Sweden Stage at the prestigious Sweden Rock festival on June 10, 2006, a mere three days after Tom had undergone emergency surgery back in his hometown of Zurich, Switzerland. The reactions to the Sweden Rock performance - as well as to the preceding warm-up concerts - have been exceptional. To quote Martin Carlsson from his review of the festival in the Swedish newspaper Expressen, "it was the best gig in the whole history of the festival".

Celtic Frost and, in particular, Tom Gabriel Fischer would like to express their deepest appreciation for what has been literally a flood of written and verbal "get well" wishes regarding Tom's health and recovery. The support and compassion expressed during the past few weeks by fans, fellow musicians, and individuals from the music industry has been overwhelming and has touched everybody in the Celtic Frost camp deeply. Tom will undergo a further brief surgical procedure in the course of July, but he has been recovering well, as evidenced by Celtic Frost's recent live shows. Tom Gabriel Fischer: "I am stunned, humbled, and very grateful about all the personal messages received".

The band are now continuing their scheduled festival appearances across Europe, having just performed on the "Hard N'Heavy Stage" at the Hellfest festival in Nantes, France. Due to the festival's policy, even as a co-headliner Celtic Frost were only able to play a 45 minute set, and the group is looking forward to the opportunity of playing the full 90 minute plus set for Celtic Frost's French fans when properly touring Europe in early 2007.

Celtic Frost's next concerts will take place on June 30, 2006, at the With Full Force festival in Leipzig, Germany, and on July 2, 2006, at the Tuska Festival in Helsinki, Finland.

The original pressing of the vinyl version of Celtic Frost's new album "Monotheist" has sold out in record time. Century Media are thus shortly producing a further pressing of the vinyl double album, which will be distinguished from the first edition by containing picture discs with the images of the band's members, as featured in the artwork to "Monotheist".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Meni se dopada taj artisticki pristup (koji je CF imao oduvek) ovog albuma.

Ovo je black metal koji nije naivan, nije klinacki i koji zahteva paznju i koncentraciju.

Meni ne prija uvek blast-beat (uglavnom da ali ... laugh.gif )

Ne, ovo je zaista osvezenje i radujem se da dolazi od benda koji je jedan od tih koji je i smislio ovaj usrani zanr.

• 2 weeks later...

Monotheist mi je extra...verovatno najbolji album godine.

Mnogo je tezak i zajeban za slusanje...ovakav debeo zvuk ne prija svakome...meni se mnogo svidja.Od pocetka do kraja ima tu energiju i progresivnost da bi me drzao prikovanog...

Sto se tice ranijih radova...ne postoje dva CF albuma koja su ista...

Dugo sam trazio topic za cf...prvo sam pogledao thrash forum,pa death,pa avantgarde...pa sam onda uhvatio seach i resio sebi muke...

Da bi resili prve 4 stranice dileme oko toga koji je zanr CF...da li se ne moze reci da su svi zanrovi zajedno...jednostavno grua je toliko genijalna da je svaki album potpuno drugaciji od svakog...svirali su i death,black,thrash,glam,doom....to se ne moze strpati ni u jedan zanr...ja ih smatram Avantgarde metalom pa vi odlucite.

Vrlo specifican album koji nije za nestrpljive i one koji ocekuju tipican black metal spektakl.

Zvucace glupo ali mislim da se vecini starih fanova dopada album.

Nikad nisam prestao da zalim za kasetom "Parched with Thirst Am I and Dying" koju sam otudjio a cak se i ne secam sta sam dobio za uzvrat ...

To je, u to vreme, bio takav jebeni raritet ...

Celtic Frost, jebote!

To je znacilo strahopostovanje ...

Znate sta sam juce shvatio dok sam slusao muziku...

Slusao sam Jesu 20 minuta koji su drone-doom sa pop prizvucima...

a pre toga sam slusao neki thrash...ne mogu da se setim koji ali neki bend iz 80-ih koji nije ugrabio slavu...

Pre bi slusao Jesu iako vise volim thrash muziku...bend mora da poseduje "nesto" da bi ga zavoleo...

Da prevedem ovaj post...svejedno je da li je muzika spora ili brza...mrtva ili melodicna...vazno je da poseduje to "nesto" sto ce da te drzi dok je slusas...

Moras da slusas razne pravce muzike da bi shvatio kakav je dragulj monotheist na danasnjoj muzickoj sceni.

Edited by darthmaul

Ja slusam dovoljno sirok dijapazon, pa cak i to sto oni sviraju na "Monotheist-u", a i dalje tvrdim da je smorcina. Uzmite novi Isole za dobar doom.

Pomnovicu da je meni ultimativni Celtic Frost album "Vanity/Nemesis". Znaci, ne palim se preterano na one ranije radove da bih ga zbog toga kritikovao. Slabasna trojka.

Edited by RNA