Twin Peaks

Buddha

• 1 month later...

CMJG0gxUcAAN7JY.jpgCMJG0wAUAAEKUds.jpg

Twin Peaks fans have been awaiting information–ANY information–since series creator David Lynch left the revival series for Showtime last spring, only to return a month or so later. Fortunately, at the Television Critics Association today, Showtime President David Nevins finally gave fans a big update on what’s going on with the new series, and just what actually went down with David Lynch when he left.

Nevins confirmed that Twin Peaks begins shooting in September, both on location in Washington State, in Snoqualmie Falls and North Bend, where the original series was shot, as well as in Los Angeles. The original series was also shot mostly on sound stages in Southern California, so it’s only fitting that they’d return to shooting in both places. A title card shared on the screens in the ballroom provided a few more teases for the new Twin Peaks, which Showtime later tweeted out:

Although the series was originally planeed for just 9 episodes, they quickly realized it would end up being more… but just how much more is still up in the air. David Lynch and co-creator Mark Frost actually wrote one long script, and then Lynch will shoot the series continuously as a movie, and later cut it into episodes. How many episodes it will be is still to be determined.

In fact, the length of the show and the budget for it was what caused the whole Lynch drama last spring, but Nevins said he was never that worried. “I never had any doubts we were going to get him back. This was a huge priority project to me. What happened was it became clear it was going to take more than nine episodes which was what we originally planned and budgeted for the length of the series. We had to work out the details of the series and I really wanted David to direct the whole thing. We eventually got through it.”

Another question fans have had is whether or not the show could possibly make its original 2016 premiere date. On this matter, Nevins said, “I want it as badly and as soon as I think the biggest fans in the world want it, so I’m hoping to make 2016; it’s not clear. It’s ultimately going to be in their control. They’re going to shoot the whole thing and then they’re going to start post. Bottom line is I’ll take it when they’re ready with it.”

As for casting, aside from the already announced return of Kyle MacLachlan as Agent Dale Cooper, no other cast members have been officially announced–but fans of the original series characters should breathe easy, according to Nevins. “I think you should be optimistic that the people that you want will be there, and then there will be some surprises in addition.” As a longtime fan, I expect to see most of the original cast members return, but which Donna Hayward will we get? Original series’ Lara Flynn Boyle or Fire Walk With Me’s Moira Kelly??

As one of the only people on Earth who has read the script, Nevins offered fans this little nugget of info: “I feel like it’s very satisfying. There are certain basic questions that I had at the end of the original given where Agent Cooper is, and I think those questions get answered. Twin Peaks is such a unique show, the promise in the original show, ‘I’ll see you in 25 years,’ and to be able to bring it back 25 years later is irresistible. 25 years have passed but it resolves the questions left from the original series.” So it appears that a quarter century later, we long suffering Twin Peaksfans will finally get the answer to the very pressing question of just how Annie is doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Twin1.jpg

Nearly a quarter of a century after the series went off the air, Showtime is gearing up for a return to Twin Peaks, and according to TV Line, series creator/director David Lynch has cast Amanda Seyfried (“Big Love,” Ted 2) Balthazar Getty (“Brothers & Sisters,” The Judge) as new characters. Getty previously starred in Lynch’s 1997 cult classic Lost Highway.

Production is currently underway in Washington state on Twin Peaks, with the new episodes slated to air on Showtime in 2016. Series co-creators Mark Frost and David Lynch are returning for the revival with Lynch set to direct all the episodes. Plans originally called for nine installments, but that number was doubled to eighteen.

Balatazar Geti, jedna od ljigavijih njuški viđenih na filmu, ne mogu da verujem da ga Lynch vadi iz naftalina, ali opet to baš i liči na njega.

Evo jedan veoma zabavan esej o snimanju Lost Highwaya. Tip koji ga je napisao je David Foster Wallace, inače odličan romanopisac koga su poslali da prisustvuje snimanju kako bi sumirao Linča i njegov način rada.

http://www.lynchnet.com/lh/lhpremiere.html

Najbolji mi detalj kako Lynch pije litre kafe i piša nonstop na setu po nekom bednom drveću kako ne bi zaustavljao filmsku ekipu da bi išao stalno u klozet.

AR-303039977.jpg

Per Deadline, Robert Knepper (Prison Break, Heroes, Public Morals) has landed a recurring role on the new season. But like so much else about the new Peaks, his role is shrouded in secrecy. Will he be an FBI agent? A local crime boss? Killer Bob's brother...Rob? We'll have to wait and see.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Meni je ova serija mnogo dosadna. Baš, baš mnogo. Ne znam kako sam uspeo da odgledam do kraja. Hteo sam da prekinem još na kraju prve sezone, ali pošto se završava tako da se maltene ništa ni ne desi, reko' ajde teraću do kraja. Da me čovek pita o čemu se radi u seriji, ne bi znao da kažem. Čini mi se da su samo gledali da je zamrse što su više mogli, ali umesto da to bude zanimljivo za gledanje, ja sam se bukvalno mučio da odgledam do kraja, uopšte me nije vuklo ni u jednom momentu da vidim šta će sledeće da se desi.

• 1 month later...

Today, David Lynch and co. unveiled the full cast for the upcomingTwin Peaks reboot. The list is an astonishing 217 actors long, with a mix of old characters — Agent Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan), Audrey (Sherilyn Fenn), Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer), the baddest fucker of all-time, Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs) — and new characters, played by Monica Belluci, Jim Belushi, Ashley Judd, Michael Cera, and Naomi Watts.

The list also includes musicians like Sky Ferreira, Chrysta Bell, Sharon Van Etten, Ruth Radelet (Chromatics), Eddie Vedder, and members of Nine Inch Nails, including Trent Reznor. Julee Cruise, who was responsible for many of the show’s signature songs, is also included on the actor list, while Angelo Badalamenti is still set to score the music.

And since John Justice Wheeler (Billy Zane) and Annie Blackburn (Heather Grahams) are not on the list, looks like Agent Cooper and Audrey have a good shot at entering the Black Lodge together in eternal matrimony. Unless that pesky Jacoby butts in!

The new season, directed in full by David Lynch, has already completed filming and is expected in 2017 on Showtime. View the full list of actors below this incredible performance of “The World Spins” by Cruise back in 2010.

twinpeakscast1.jpg

twinpeakscast2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Meni je ova serija mnogo dosadna. Baš, baš mnogo. Ne znam kako sam uspeo da odgledam do kraja. Hteo sam da prekinem još na kraju prve sezone, ali pošto se završava tako da se maltene ništa ni ne desi, reko' ajde teraću do kraja. Da me čovek pita o čemu se radi u seriji, ne bi znao da kažem. Čini mi se da su samo gledali da je zamrse što su više mogli, ali umesto da to bude zanimljivo za gledanje, ja sam se bukvalno mučio da odgledam do kraja, uopšte me nije vuklo ni u jednom momentu da vidim šta će sledeće da se desi.

Od reči do reči.