Mastodon

Kent

Koga interesuje evo postavljam torrent za 3 nove pesme: Divinations,Oblivion i Ghost Of Karilah...grebovano u audio mp3

Ovo je inace live nastup sa Bonnaroo festivala prosle godine,bilo je kaceno na net u video obliku ali je skinuto,pa eto za one koji nisu imali priliku da cuju i vide...Dosta progresivniji zvuk mada iskreno nisam se nesto preterano odusevio na prvo slusanje kao sto je bio slucaj do sada sa svim Mastodon izdanjima.Pevanje je najvise izmenjeno...to je ono sto se najpre uocava no videcemo kakav ce ceo album biti

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VYNDDOS8

For Immediate Release:

RADIO ONE TO PREMIER NEW MASTODON TRACK 
NEW SINGLE AND T-SHIRT BUNDLE AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY
HOMETOWN SHOW CONFIRMED 

Jan.22, 2009 – (Burbank, CA) – Atlanta-based, Globally-revered hard rock behemoths MASTODON will reveal a brand new song, “Divinations,” from their highly anticipated, long-awaited new studio album, CRACK THE SKYE, this coming Monday, Jan 26, on BBC Radio One’s “Rockshow” in the U.K. American fans can tune in to the radio debut via the internet by following link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/rockshow/.
The follow day Tues. Jan. 27, fans will have the opportunity to buy the “Divinations” bundle which will be comprised of a two-track CD-single (“Divinations,” along with an instrumental, non-album version of the track) and an exclusive album art T-shirt unavailable anywhere else. The single will also be available digitally as well from iTunes and all other participating digital retailers. 
This direct to consumer bundle is only available through http://www.mastodonrocks.com
Supplies will be extremely limited so don’t delay. 
Recently, hardcore MASTODON fans who paid close attention were rewarded by the band who gave away a quantity of free CRACK THE SKYE album T-shirts to their most loyal supporters by strategically placing special redemption codes at various hard rock online destinations including the band’s own MySpace page. These shirts are now gone but keep a close eye on www.mastodonrocks.com <http://www.mastodonrocks.com/> for future fan-related exclusive offers, merchandise, contests and content. Many more details to be announced shortly.
Lastly, MASTODON has been confirmed as headliners of the Scion Rock Fest in their hometown of Atlanta, GA on Saturday, Feb.28, at the Masquerade. Needless to say, the line-up for this one day only event is spectacular. Other artists confirmed to appear include Neurosis, High On Fire, Boris, Torche and many others. The event will run from Noon to midnight. It will be highly amplified. MASTODON will play new material. Your mind will be blown. For further information go to: www.scion.com/rock http://www.scion.com/rock
Just a reminder to keep your eyes and ears open – lot’s of new MASTODON information to be revealed in the weeks ahead.

Divinations izuva u svakom slucaju....oseca se na snimku O'Brienova sirovost sto doprinosi tom nekom classic rock tripu koji su ovi hteli verovatno i produkcijski da dosegnu.Dobili su vise na prostoru a u isto vreme zadrzali svoju agresivnost.Super im je legao a i oni su hteli u pocetku da izguraju tu neku pricu i mislim da su uspeli....

E sada kada uporedim ove tri pesme koje sam imao prilike da cujem do sada,sve imaju donekle slican muzicki vibe,melodicne su i deluju kao neka celina za razliku od recimo Blood Mountain i ostalih izdanja koji ne ostavljaju takav utisak no ostaje da cujemo ceo album kada se pojavi...

U Oblivionu recimo ima tog nekog hmmm progresiv tripa kakav npr. Torche danas serviraju dok je u Ghost of Karilah popaljen Tool dosta

Omot je brutalan....kao sto neko rece gore,Mastodon imaju ako ne najbolje onda sigurno po meni najzanimljivije omote koje mozes da gledas satima jer su stvarno jebena umetnost.Moram i sam da se odam da ce uskoro Leviathan cover da mi stoji uramljen na zidu haha...

• 2 weeks later...
Heard the album today. My friend got me into a listening session. The band was there and they were very cool and friendly, even Brent. I've met them in passing a few times, but this was the most time I got to hang with them. Good guys.

The album is everything the band has said it is- proggier, more psychedelic, not as hard/heavy, more melodic, more emphasis on lyrics/vocals (both in the mix and song structure), etc.

I'm sure most folks are expecting me to say I hated it/was disappointed at this point, but I'm not going to.

It is definitely a Mastodon album. When you hear it, there is no other band in the world that could have made it. The guitar parts are signature Mastodon, lots of high-pitched noodling and deep, riffy chugging beneath it. There isn't quite as much room for Brann to show off quite as much as he usually does, but when you do feel him, it's classic Brann. The vocals make up more of each song than in the past and they are considerably cleaner than before throughout. Best comparison would be to the melodic parts of Colony of Birchmen.

In the past, Mastodon has kept the ass kicking dial pretty much set to 9.5, with frequent forays into 11 territory, and only rarely dipping below 8. This album's primary setting is 7, ventures up to 9 at times and even eases into the 5-6 zone at times.

Divinations is actually a pretty good indicator of what most of the album sounds like, but put all together it works better than Divinations all alone.

The Czar and Ghost of Karelia were my two favorite songs and they come back to back in the middle of the album. The Czar has a realy sick change up in the middle where it transforms into what sounds a lot like a lost Sabbath track, all the way down to some very Ozzyesque vocals. Ghost of Karelia is hard to describe, but pretty damn kick ass.

The Last Baron is an insanely epic, multi-part, 13 minute epic that closes out the album.

I'm really not a Brendan O'Brien fan, but I didn't really hear his stamp all over this. Yes, it's a SLIGHTLY cleaner sound than before, but that suits the material and it probably would have been foolish to approach it any other way, regardless of who was producing.

So, the cynical way of looking at it would be to say it's their second major-label album, they've gone cleaner/more melodic/accessible, worked with the big commercial rock producer and conclude it's their Black Album and a total sellout. But it doesn't feel that way. Listening to it, you get the impression that this is the album they really wanted to make and would have made regardless of circumstances.

Does that automatically place it in the same league as their previous work? No. And I wouldn't put it there, at least not after two full listens.

I'd say it's the fourth best Mastodon album. But it's still very much a Mastodon album and given what they've done so far, fourth best isn't too shabby.

Of course, all of this is subject to revision upon further listens.