Anthrax

vudun

According to MaidenNorway.com, fans of ANTHRAX have launched an online petition to get members of ANTHRAX to consider former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno as their new frontman. The petition reads as follows:

"As longtime fans of ANTHRAX, we consider the future of the band of the utmost importance. The band's lack of a singer concerns us because we truly care about ANTHRAX. While many of us would like to see the return of one of their more popular singers (specifically, John Bush or Joey Belladonna), we understand that that may not be possible. Because of these circumstances, and because of our want for ANTHRAX quality material (both for the band's sake, and admittedly, for our own sake), we would like to make a suggestion for lead singer we feel is appropriate for the band to consider. This singer has fronted one of heavy metal's all-time greatest bands during arguably its best years. His name? Paul Di'Anno. Di'Anno is most famous for his work with IRON MAIDEN during 1978-1981, including during the releases of the classic albums 'Iron Maiden' and 'Killers'. We know ANTHRAX are great IRON MAIDEN fans and know they specifically enjoy some songs from these albums, as we've heard ANTHRAX cover them. Paul has a great metal tone while bringing a punk-ish feel and attitude, a great fit for the similarly-styled ANTHRAX. Di'Anno puts on a notoriously great show, essential for a band with the great live reputation that ANTHRAX has. We will specify right now that this petition does not directly ask for Di'Anno to become the singer, but only for the band to consider it as a possibility. If the band does not feel that the match makes sense for whatever reason, we will understand — all we ask is the band consider what we believe is a good idea, both exciting and realistically possible."

To sign the petition, go to http://www.petitiononline.com/anthdian/petition-sign.html "

:)

Nije Pol za Anthrax..a i drago mi je sto je sve rasterano:

According to Anthrax.com, former IRON MAIDEN frontman Paul Di'Anno has responded to an online petition launched by fans of ANTHRAX to get the band to consider Di'Anno as their new frontman.

Said Di'Anno: "Yeah, already heard about it for some time now, as it was originally requested by some IRON MAIDEN Scandinavian fans who thought it would be a cool idea. Really nice that people are thinking about me and I have always liked ANTHRAX. However, I am very happy with the way my career is going right now, and, of course, I cannot ever re-enter or tour in the USA anymore, so the ANTHRAX thing just ain't gonna happen. I wish ANTHRAX all the best, though."

ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante had the following to say regarding the prospect of Di'Anno singing for ANTHRAX: "Paul is great but not for what we're doing."

• 3 months later...

SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor has confirmed that he has been working with ANTHRAX on material for their upcoming studio album. Speaking to Germany's Rock Hard magazine, Taylor said of the possibility that he will become the new ANTHRAX singer, "It's been banded about. I'm not saying anything right now because all it's been is just talked about. Obviously, I'm really good friends with those guys. It kind of started as a joke. And then the more we talked about it, the more serious it got. I'm gonna at least help them out. It's kind of a dream come true — ANTHRAX is one of my favorite bands. We're just kind of taking baby steps right now. I know that we worked on about eight or nine songs together that I've written lyrics for, and there was a song that I had actually written for them that I was just gonna give them the music for, and once this kind of happened, I had to turn around and write lyrics for it myself. But there's nothing definite right now. It's one of those things where it's like we're just gonna kind of play it by ear and just see what happens. So there's nothing definite. It's something that we're talking about — it's something that we kind of wanna do. But I'm in two huge bands right now. So it's like I barely get enough time to sleep, let alone do another band. . . I'm gonna be busy, period. I'm just kind of honored that they would even consider me. These are people that I grew up listening to, these are guys that I had the privilege of getting to know on a real basis. To have them look at me and go, 'You know what? We would love to work with you,' it's such a huge compliment. It kind of makes me feel like I've come a long way in my life."

Kada se pogleda racionalno na ovo..pa i ne chudi toliko. Ali nisam ni u najludjim snovima ochekivao ovako neshto.

Ne seri...extra

Edit:

kada bolje razmislim ovo je novi pocetak za anthrax..ne zbog novog pevacha vec zbog cinjenice ko je novi pevach...anthrax ce prodati gomilu ploca ako sve ispadne ok

Edited by darthmaul

Кори у Антраксу? Хе, занимљиво. Ко би то помислио...

Иначе, да искористим прилику да похвалим албум "Волуме 8". Врло добро остварење. Најтврђи албум Антракса који сам чуо, а вероватно и најбољи. (за сад)

Онај смарач с њима... Ако буде певао исто као у матичном бенду, има да их се одрекнем и дефинитивно!

ја сам пријатно изнеђен. у животу не бих очекивао да кори пева у антраксу. мени је жао што се буш неће вратити. много ми је жао. мени се у суштини кори уопште не уклапа у ту причу али с обрзиром да јебе кеву како пева, надам се да ће одрадити посао, ако буде упао у бенд. НЕК ВРАТЕ БУША!!!!!!

Edited by Kinez

• 2 months later...

ANTHRAX has abandoned plans to utilize the services of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor on its next album due to scheduling conflicts with Taylor's other projects. ANTHRAX is said to be currently looking for a new singer to join the fold, although this has not yet been officially confirmed by the band or its management.