Immortal & Abbath

Frankenchrist

Norwegian black metal titans ABBATH, the solo project of former IMMORTAL frontman Abbath (real name Olve Eikemo), have canceled the remaining shows on their South American tour.

The band revealed it was calling off the dates in a statement earlier today. The group wrote: "It is with heavy heart that we have to announce the cancellation of the remainder of the ABBATH South American 'Outstrider' tour. Due to health issues that need to be treated, we are unable to complete the last shows in Argentina and Brazil. We deeply apologize to all of our fans that wanted to come and see us, to the local promoters, and to Matrix Entertainment who has worked tirelessly in order to make this tour happen. We hope we can make it up to all you some day. We are very sorry."

The cancelation comes less than a day after ABBATH played a disastrous two-song concert in Buenos Aires, Argentina, resulting in some fans requesting a refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Bergen, 25th of November 2019,

Outstriders,

Throughout life you’re dealt different decks of cards. I’ve been fortunate enough to have been given the opportunity to live my dream, which is writing music, putting out records and touring the world, playing to fans all over the globe. For the most part it has been a tremendous ride, but there’s also been moments where things have gone wrong. Most notably during the recent tour of South America, where we had to cancel shows in Argentina and Brazil.

It’s no secret that I’ve been battling addiction. I have now come to realize that it’s time to pick a fight with this demon. I’ve committed myself to a rehab program that’s going to help me get clean once and for all. I feel more motivated and determined than ever to win this battle.

Due to my program, we need to cancel the December shows that we have scheduled with my other band, Bömbers. We do apologize to our fans that was looking forward to these shows. We will make it up to all of you, and we’re currently working on rescheduling these shows.

Right now I’m very much looking forward to be coming back clean, stronger and more focused and fired up than ever.

Europe and USA, you have been warned, we’ll hunt you down like a thunderstorm next year. Nothing is going to stop us.

Horns up!
Abbath

7 hours ago, obsessed by cruelty said:

I have now come to realize that it’s time to pick a fight with this demon.

Рано се сетио. Набио 5 банке у дупету и оће се лечи од алкохола хаха. Вероватно је врхунац свега био онај концерт где га пијаног избацују напоље на првој четвртини концерта :haha:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 7:33 PM, dAdAiSt said:

Damned In Black jedna od ploča koja je obeležila žanr.

''At the Heart of Winter'' definitivno, i kreativni/svirački pik Immortal karijere. DIB onako... pogotovo što ima svadbarske momente tipa, ''In Our Mystic Visions Blest ''.

• 1 month later...

Nije da su mu prva dva bila neka remek dela, cak daleko od toga ali ovaj novi solo je Abbathu bas kara banana. Produkcija je katastrofa ali ne na onaj dobri BM nacin a same pesme bas ne idu nogde. Jedini plusevi su mi Metalika obrada i zabavan video. Hard pass.